chapter 47

CHAPTER 47

Song Areum

It was hot out in Los Angeles—as it always has been

It was hot out in Los Angeles—as it always has been. Areum had almost forgotten how frustratingly hot the sun was against her skin, she couldn't help but miss the gloomy weather in London and Paris or perhaps she just missed the weather always seemed so nice when she was around the members.

On the contrary, Jana spent a whole day with her—that was enough. After weeks of attending the sentencing of both Elijah and Clyde in the courthouse for 2 counts of murder and accessory to murder—and a couple more illegal shit they were involved in, Jana and Areum deserved a normal day.

Areum sat on the couch outside the meeting room of Jana's work place. She had been watching BTS' Bon Voyage Season 1, where the members get to visit a foreign country for leisure, but of course they were being filmed while doing just that.

The Director of their show was lenient and considerate to the members. She met him a few times during the tour as he was also the Director of the group's RUN BTS variety show where the boys get to play and compete with each other for fun and prizes.

The man was near as nice as Manager Ye Jin and Mr. Son which was a good thing because the members never forget to return the grand gesture to them too.

Areum crossed her legs, catching a glimpse of herself on the huge full body mirror in front of her.

Her eyes caught the obvious discoloration of the scar on her right shoulder. She swallowed hard, taking in her odd appearance. Since the weather was hot, she decided to wear an off-white sleeveless satin crop top, a bleached high-waisted jeans and Jana's flesh heel leather mules.

It was the first time she dressed up showing a little more skin since the incident and it wasn't because she was trying to hide her scar from the bullet but because covering her skin made her feel somewhat safe—as if her clothing was her shield.

She couldn't quite figure out what made her feel different that day, it may have been the hot weather or she was finally comfortable going out in the streets without the fear of being followed or harmed. Her attacker was finally locked up.

She blinked away the focus she had on her reflection, clearing her throat before pausing the video that was playing on her phone. Areum shifted on her seat, taking off her AirPods and sliding it back onto its small case before placing it back inside the small purse Jana let her borrow.

Her feet were numb from walking all afternoon inside the mall, feeding Jana's shopaholic side. They never went shopping together, but it was actually not bad, Areum realized.

Jana and Areum were supposed to go to a night spa after the mall but first, Jana had to work. Areum didn't mind coming, she has gotten used on accompanying the members when they were working.