chapter 31

CHAPTER 31

S o ng   A r e u m

During the first day of the concert, the sun was bright and vibrant, Areum wondered if it was warmer outside

She wouldn't know exactly though, because she was stuck inside the changing rooms of the stadium since morning and it wasn't like she was craving warm weather either.

Summers in South Korea were extremely hot while the case in Los Angeles, was like summer all year round, a temperature she never learned to be fond of despite having to have lived in both countries.

Areum woke up early in the morning with a piercing pain in her lower stomach, her whole torso down to the ends of her toes were sore which disabled her to move at all.

The sharp ache was way worse than last time—her first night in Paris. Regardless of the pain, she had managed to get out of bed, showered and got ready for the first concert.

She had important things to think about rather than do self-pity all day. However, the staff insisted—begged her to rest on the air mattress all day and afternoon after noticing her constant flinches from the occasional shooting pain from her lower back and on her stomach.

At first she resisted and convinced everyone she was fine, that it was just a mild muscle cramps from dancing aggressively the day before but none of the women staff members believed her. They would know, and so she agreed to spend all day inside the boys' changing room as per everyone's instructions.

A good amount of staff members stayed with her in the main dressing room, they were on standby for the long VCR and the members returned to the main dressing room to get changed into a much comfortable clothes for the Encore.

Areum had been watching some videos of Jana on her phone all day while texting her nonstop out of boredom. . . but mainly because she missed her terribly even if they saw each other not too long ago. 

She glanced up from her phone towards the quick moving staff around her, her hand pressed tightly on her lower abdomen while the other held her phone.

They had laid out a change of clothes for each members as well as water bottles and towels to aid them with.

Areum locked her phone upon hearing the last song ended, a reminder that the members would be arriving in the room shortly.

Her phone lit up, a text back from Jana.

Jana
𝙻𝚘𝚕. 𝙲𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚢 𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚘𝚜 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙱𝚃𝚂 𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚝 😌