chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

K i m N a m j o o n

It was half past 9:30 am, Namjoon moved the food tray to the side of his bed as he chewed the last bite of french toast in his mouth

It was half past 9:30 am, Namjoon moved the food tray to the side of his bed as he chewed the last bite of french toast in his mouth. Jin and Hoseok, two out of the 7 members of their band, went to his room and ordered room service an hour ago. They had a long flight yesterday, and arrived at the hotel around midnight.

None of them had enough time to get a good night sleep, that's how it always had been for the past years. It was tour after tour, photoshoots after another, interviews and guestings after rehearsals. Then, writing and conceptualizing songs after rehearsing for 18 hours. They do sleep, sometimes. And they do eat, just not always on time. Often they would even go 18 hours without anything in their systems, not even a single protein bar, but even then, they wouldn't realize how exhausted and famished they are until they're woken up by the front desk at the hotel for call time.

     "Shall we sleep all day today?" Jin broke the silence, finishing up her breakfast.

Hoseok immediately smiled, agreeing to Jin's suggestion. They flew three days before their concert. What a relief, Namjoon thought. Though he hated flying, he was glad they got a day off to rest and catch up with writing. He would love to catch up on some more sleep than anything, but the management were expecting progress on their end. The other members will probably choose to work on writing songs than rest as well.

One thing their group has learned while being on tours from one country to another was that, doing great on the stage was not enough, time was of an essence off stage too. One of his mentors once told him, doing their best on stage was just as important as working off stage creating another art much better than the first.

"What's taking them so long?" Jin asked both Namjoon and Hoseok, looking at them with his tired eyes. "Have they even eaten yet?" he added, his voice is low from the long flight and short nap they had.

   "Namjoon-ah, can you call Jimin and the others?" Jin suggested.

"They'll come here when they wake up. Let them rest." Hoseok explained.

Namjoon checked the time on his phone anxiously as he walked back on his bed and fiddled with his phone once again.

"Is Yoongi-hyung already up this early?" Hoseok asked Jin who was looking at Namjoon, inspecting his odd behavior as if he was expecting someone.

"Ani (No), Of course not. Go wake him up if you want to die early." Jin stated a fact, still eyeing Namjoon's uneasy behaviour, his lower lip slightly protruding in concentration on his phone.

"Kim Namjoon. What are you looking so sweaty for?" Jin interrupted Namjoon's deep thoughts.

"Aren't you guys going back to your rooms?" Namjoon finally spoke as he stood up from his bed, making his way towards the vanity drawers of his hotel room. He grabbed a green hoodie and threw it over his head.