chapter 62

CHAPTER 62

Song Areum

Hoseok gave him one last hug, a wide smile plastered on his face as his tiny deep dimples just above the corners of his lips showed and his slightly longer hair with grown out light highlights of hazel brown looked silky under the fluorescents of ...

Hoseok gave him one last hug, a wide smile plastered on his face as his tiny deep dimples just above the corners of his lips showed and his slightly longer hair with grown out light highlights of hazel brown looked silky under the fluorescents of the hallway just outside his front door.

She motioned for him to get inside and try the tteokguk she made. They spent at least more than two hours catching up while slowly packing for the out of the country comeback of the boys.

"I should walk you at least in front of the lift," Hoseok insisted, pouting in the process.

Areum chuckled and pushed him in gently, "No. Get inside,"

She twisted her body and removed her hand from Hoseok's as she checked her phone ringing for a hundredth time now. 'Kid' the caller ID showed. What does Ri Da Reum want now?

"Who's that?" Hoseok teasingly peeked through her screen just as she declined the call.

"A friend." she told him, placing her phone inside her pocket before taking a step away from his door as she waved her hand. "Oppa, galge."

"Eo, drive safe, Areumie!" He stepped inside his apartment halfway and waved his hand in a dancing way. "Thanks for the soup, text me when you get home!"

Areum nodded, waving her hands endearingly before finally turning her back from Hoseok and continuing to walk towards the lift with a brighter mood.

Hoseok and Taehyung suggested to drop by at Jungkook's place before she drove home, but really, what good would that do? He wasn't ready to see her and quite frankly, she too, was unsure if she could face him without feeling upset.

She didn't have the right to feel like it, which made it even more unacceptable. Besides, his car wasn't anywhere near the parking area of both Hoseok and Jimin. Who knew where he was going, these days. The management have clearly instructed them to stay low, perhaps he went out for a little bit.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket once again, she stopped walking, biting her bottom lip in annoyance before answering the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Gisaek—"

"Noona," Da reum spoke in a whisper tone, his breathing was heavy and fast as his voice shook.

Areum straightened her back, instinctively clasping her phone close to her ear. "What's—"

"Doum," (Help,) he whispered again. "Noona, dowajwo." (Help me.)

"They're coming to get me," he continued. "My laptop has been tapped, they know where I am. I can't call the police,"

Areum immediately sprinted towards the elevator, aggressively pressing onto the button as she furrowed her eyebrows.