chapter 22

CHAPTER 22

Song Areum

London. The capital of England and United Kingdom. A place that imposes Houses of Parliament—or where the iconic 'Big Ben' clock tower was located. Across Thames River, the London Eye stood firmly where people observed the entire city and the South cultural complex on top of the terrifying wheel that provided a panoramic view of London.

The place was beautiful, everywhere you look was aesthetically pleasing, as if it was all preserved from the Roman times and into the 21st century. Areum had taken lots of photos with both her phone and polaroid camera as she walked around the City after a huge breakfast with her best friend.

The London sun shimmered above the dark hue of blue clouds as if the weather was yet to decide whether it'd give rain or drought. Nevertheless, the sunlight shined around the city as if it was polishing the muted color of the buildings and the smooth grey stone sidewalks as well as the old concrete walls of the architectural buildings where Jana and Areum walked after getting off Baker Street underground station to get to Madame Tussauds where Jana has been mainly looking forward to go to. Areum didn't mind going anywhere, as long as she got to catch up with her best friend.

The morning started off with breakfast, Jana and Areum meet up in 'The Regency Cafe' for a full English breakfast. The place didn't have overwhelming decorations, which Areum preferred but Jana didn't, though the place made up for the lacking art decorations by serving affordable but over the top breakfast meals.

Jana didn't bring her friend for breakfast, though the friend will be joining them for lunch. Areum was glad to get some alone time with Jana though, it was just like she expected. Meeting Jana after almost 4 months of not seeing each other felt like nothing has changed. It was like they've seen each other yesterday but seeing her again now felt right, as if she was complete again, and then she'd think about Luke. All of a sudden, there'd still be guilt at the back of her head, questioning her existence and how wrong it was to be this happy and content when Luke no longer existed, he was not even in London with Jana. Areum always felt bad for being happy when she knew Luke could never feel happiness again because in a way, she was the reason why he wasn't alive in the first place.

Around 11 am, Areum and Jana arrived in Madame Tussauds. They purposely went there on the opening hours to avoid the rush hours, and take pictures of Jana with wax figures of celebrities, musical legends, sports athletes and the Royal Family inside the wax museum.

The place was well built and made to look modern aesthetic on the first part of the building. The interiors were intricate and classy, perhaps it was supposed to be that fancy considering the wax figures inside it were all well-known individuals.

There was also a Costa Bar on the inside which Jana bought a cup of coffee for herself because she always needs an excuse to get coffee. Then, there was the never-ending photoshoot of Jana with the wax figures which Areum didn't mind taking. At least Jana enjoyed taking photos with the wax figures while Areum studied every inch of the wax work they came across with, how oddly specific it all looked compared to the actual people inspired by the replica. She'd always thought of vanity when it came to wax replicas of a real person, but looking at each work displayed around the intricate place made her realize how each wax figures were as much art as any other paintings, architectures and sculptures she'd seen. It wasn't all too bad.