chapter 67

CHAPTER 67

Jeon Jungkook

He was taking her back

He was taking her back. Not to hurt her or keep her hopes up. . . but to tell her what he truly felt and maybe—just maybe they could wait.

The ice from the last snowfall melted in Jungkook's hand just a little over in between his fingers, enough to keep him frozen in place outside of his car, in front of the tall gate into the Song Residence while he contemplated whether to call Areum or just. . . .

How could he had the audacity to face her again after all the lies and cowardice? What was he going to tell her? That he was an asshole but he was sorry—he was fucking sorry and he wanted her back, though she was never even been his. . . even that wasn't enough to justify his actions.

Jungkook embraced himself against the cold weather and soft wind that blew on his face and thin layer of clothing, he'd been standing outside his car for about 10 minutes now after an hour long of contemplation inside the vehicle.

He was only wearing a gray hoodie and worn out jeans, his thick winter coat was left in the lounge back on BH Entertainment building. He had forgotten about how cold the weather was, lately he hadn't been thinking straight.

How could he forget about Areum's favorite weather? He didn't even call her on her 21st birthday a few months back and it snowed.

She didn't celebrate her day, she had been busy studying at the Hospital. Jungkook may have never reached out to her for months but he sure did think about her every second of the day.

At midnight during her birthday, Jungkook drove all the way from his apartment and to the farthest end of Seoul where she lived. He stayed in his car as he watched the bright fluorescents in their house lit up through the big trees that surrounded their gate to their driveway. That was the closest place he could be with her.

Jungkook pulled out his phone, it was only now he was turning it on after a whole day of avoiding it completely.  The snow had stopped just before he went out of his car but he was still shivering like a mad man. The wind blew painfully cold through the exposed skin of his neck as he cut his long hair a few months back but it was already growing long again, his stylist even dyed the ends with burgundy color to change up his look a little. Areum might not like his colored hair, she hasn't seen him with one yet.

His fingers were numb and red from the cold air, his hands slightly trembled as he wiped the screen on his phone. There were messages from Namjoon, Jin and a lot from Yoongi—his last message was sent around 5:50 pm that day.

Yoongi's message didn't wtote anything, it was all pictures and short clips of Areum, devouring two sandwiches and fries, popcorn, odeng and octopus feet.