chapter 20

CHAPTER 20

Song Areum

Sweat poured down like fat raindrops on each of the members' faces as they performed 'Idol' on stage

Sweat poured down like fat raindrops on each of the members' faces as they performed 'Idol' on stage. They're almost done with the concert's setlist before the encore. The band had been performing 5 songs on stage without rest, changing and retouching. It was a good thing they're on their last song before their short break.

Areum watched backstage, rubbing her index finger and thumb as her eyes focused on their performance on the screen. All seven were out of breath and drenched with sweat. Only true performers can continue to sing and dance as hard as those boys while their hearts smashed in their chest and their lungs almost screamed for air as they energetically carried the crowd into a powerful atmosphere. The cheers erupted like the whole country was singing with BTS. It was deafening—the good kind.

Jungkook appeared on the screen, his white shirt stuck on his skin as he came closer to the camera. His eyes were red from crying backstage before they came up on stage to start their 5 songs performance. He got an urgent call for a few seconds and came back holding back tears. Manager Ye Jin didn't try to find out the reason behind it, he thought Jungkook was just upset because he didn't hit a note on their last performance which rarely happened— almost never happens to him on-stage.

Areum decided not to confront him, she knew why he was such a wreck all day and night. She overheard some of the staff in the dressing room that Iris was the one who called him. He may be good at hiding his broken heart from their fans but anyone close to him could tell he wasn't in a very good shape emotionally.

Areum's thoughts were cut off when a loud thud filled the room, it was close to the underground pathway towards the stage and then it was followed by another shake. She turned towards the noise outside, the new and young stage director came in along with Mr. Son and their faces were filled with panic and confusion, the young director asked the male staff members and Manager Ye Jin to hurry and follow him towards the underground pathway.

She furrowed her brows, instantly following them out of the changing area. It didn't take a lot of steps to figure out what had happened. There were metals scattered on the floor, pieces of black painted woods and dusty black fabric on the ground towards the entrance and exit of the stage. In the middle, there were staff members who gathered tightly to hold up the collapsing part of the stage with their bare hands. Manager Ye Jin scratched his head before reaching up to support the roof with his own strength when footsteps of the members from upstage filled the collapsing surface. Well, it was a good thing Manager Ye Jin was tall and buff.

"I don't understand how all of this happened." the stage director complained, pissed. He was probably the same age as Jin, it was his first time on tour.

The staff kept apologizing to the directors as they all struggled to push up the collapsing roof where the members and dance backup would soon settle before the song ends. Areum was quick to her feet, carrying one of the thick metals from the floor as she kicked the thinner ones with the sole of her shoes.