Sam Wilson X Reader - Help!

A/N - This chapter came about because I thought up a scenario whilst working the other day, and then I decided to put a song to it. So this is based on 'Help!' by the Beatles. It's short, but I hope you enjoy it.

"Sam," the scream had been so loud that you were certain every single person in the Avenger's Facility could hear you. "Sam," you repeated, your breathing coming a little too heavily as you clambered up onto your bed, attempting to keep your eyes on the intruder in your bedroom. 

The door flung open a moment later, and you finally removed your gaze to look at him. He was panting, looking all out of breath and flustered as he moved a little further into the room. "What's happening?" he started, his eyes flitting around the room wildly. "Are you hurt?"

You shook your head, suddenly a little embarrassed by your reaction, but still unable to bring yourself to get down from the safety of the mattress. You lifted a hand, pointing at the little eight legged creature that was sitting on the middle of your floor. "It's massive," you murmured, as Sam glanced down at it. 

"I thought you were dying," he scolded you quietly, shaking his head and letting out a soft chuckle as he grabbed a glass off of your desk and placed it over the monster before it could scuttle away. "A house spider is not a life or death situation," he added.

"It's really big," you repeated, your cheeks heating up as the embarrassment continued to flood through you. "I thought it was too big to be a house spider. It could've been dangerous."

 "We don't have dangerous spiders in New York, Sweetheart," he uttered, picking up a sheet of paper and sliding it under the glass. He lifted it from the floor, a triumphant smile plastered on his lips as he moved over to the window and tipped it outside. "All gone," he told you. You offered him a small smile, shifting on the mattress as you did another check of the floor. "You coming down?" 

You paused for a moment, your eyes finding him again. "Are you sure there aren't any more?" 

He snorted at your comment, moving towards you and lifting you off of the bed, only to place you back on your feet on the carpet. "They're all gone." 

"Thank you," you uttered, still standing close to him in the middle of your bedroom. "Are you waiting for some sort of reward?" He nodded slightly, and you let out a soft chuckle as you moved up on your tip toes to press a quick kiss to his cheek. "You're an idiot," you teased as you moved out of his reach, your eyes still making quick tracks around the room, doing one final check.

"That's mean," he murmured, allowing himself to fall back onto your bed as you shook your head at him. "I came and rescued you, you can't be mean to me," he added, his eyes following you as you scoured the room for any other eight-legged horrors. "I promise he's gone, Sweetheart," he continued, reaching out his arms for you until you stilled to look in his direction. 

Your entire body relaxed as you accepted his comment, and you moved across the room to cuddle up beside him. "You're my saviour," you uttered as he pulled you closer, pressing his lips to your forehead. "Big strong man," you added, resting your chin on his chest to smile up at him. 

"I'm a superhero, baby," he started, puffing up his chest and offering you a smirk that made your stomach do flips. Even after years of putting up with his dumbass-ery, he still had the ability to make you act like a teenager with a crush. "It's just what I do." 

"God, I love you," you murmured, craning your neck to kiss him properly. Sam's smirk was gone when you pulled away from the kiss, resting your head back on his chest and letting out a soft, contented sigh. 

His hand ran over your back, pushing up under your shirt to run over the bare skin that was hidden underneath. "Yeah," he uttered, a smile blooming on his lips. "I love you too, Princess." 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x