Bucky Barnes X Reader - Ain't No Other Man

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Ain't No Other Man' by Christina Aguilera. I hope you all enjoy it. 

"Good morning Sleeping Beauty," Nat started, releasing a soft chuckle when you shot her a groggy little smile. "Overslept?" 

You nodded, moving across the room to slip into the seat opposite her. "Big time," you murmured as she poured you a coffee, sliding it across the counter. You practically moaned as you took the first sip, welcoming the warmth with open arms. "Bucky came to my room last night and-"

"I don't need to know the details," Nat interrupted, holding up her hands in an attempt to stop you. 

"God, Nat. Get your mind out of the gutter," you cried out, your face contorting in horror. "What I was trying to say, before you rudely interrupted, was that he came over and we stayed up late talking," you continued, your small smile returning. 

Nat narrowed her eyes, a smirk pulling at her lips. "You expect me to believe that notorious flirt Bucky Barnes came to your room last night and you didn't even sleep together?" 

You shrugged slightly, your cheeks tinting red. "He wanted to cuddle." 

A sharp burst of laughter fell from Nat's lips, and she quickly shook her head. "No way, I'm not buying it."

"He texted to say he missed me and then he came over and we cuddled and talked," you told her, being as firm as you could manage in your sleepy state. "Nothing else happened." 

Nat looked dumbfounded, her mouth hanging open for just a second as she searched for something to say. "You've got him," she murmured, another short chuckle dripping from her tongue. "He's yours now," she added, watching as you nodded slightly. 

You couldn't help the smile that had made its way onto your lips now, full watt and bright as ever. "He was even talking about us making it official," you told her. "And he wants to meet my parents." 

"I never thought I'd see the day," she uttered, smiling back at you. "I'm happy to admit I was wrong about you guys," she added, hearing you let out a soft snort of laughter. 

"Yeah, so am I." 

*Time Skip*

You were busy fixing your hair when the door to your rooms opened and Bucky walked in looking every part the Adonis he was. God, he was always hot, but when he was in a suit it was something else. You glanced at him in the mirror, your breath catching in your throat as you quickly span to look at him with a wide smile.

"Look at you," you murmured, your eyes roaming over him before landing back on his face. "I am a very lucky woman," you added, seeing his smile grow slightly at your comment. 

He was crossing the room a moment later, wrapping his arms around you and pressing a kiss to your cheek. "You're such a flirt," he uttered, letting out a soft chuckle when you leant up to kiss him properly. 

"You ready to go to the party, handsome?" Your let your fingers run over his jaw as you spoke, dragging your fingertips over his stubble with a sweet smile painted on your lips. 

"Not just yet," he started, his hands resting on your hips lightly. "Let me have a second to appreciate how beautiful my girl is before everyone else gets a chance to look at you," he uttered, taking a half-step backwards to glance down at you properly. "Absolutely stunning," he added. 

Your cheeks heated up, tinting red at his compliment. "And I'm the flirt, huh?" 

Bucky chuckled, leaning in again to kiss you. "Tony'll be mad if we show up late," he started, watching as you gave a short nod, linking your arm through his.  

*Time Skip*

It had always been pretty common knowledge that there was something going on with you and Bucky, but you had never been quite so open about it in public. It felt like everyone was staring at you he tucked you close into his side, giving you sweet kisses whenever he got the chance. And God, it felt amazing. You wanted everyone to know that he was yours, and now there was no doubting that fact. 

"So, this is official now, huh?" Sam started, a faux frown on his lips. "Can't believe you'd go for him when you've got me right here, sweetheart," he teased, and you felt Bucky tense ever so slightly beside you. 

You let out a soft chuckle, shaking your head. "You never stood a chance," you told him, your hand smoothing itself down Bucky's spine as soothingly as you could manage. "It was always going to be Bucky," you added, feeling his eyes fix themselves on you. You chanced a glance up at him, finding him already smiling down at you. 

 Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x