Peter Parker X Reader - Lose Control

A/N - This imagine is based on the song 'Lose Control' by MEDUZA, Becky Hill, and Goodboys. I hope you all enjoy it.

The sound of the phone ringing left you breathless. You still weren't quite sure what you would say if Peter answered. You weren't even certain that you would be able to make anything come out if you could think of something to say. You powers had caused you issues in the past, and a few guys had seen a small section of what you could do, but you had never caused destruction like this before. 

The alley way looked completely destroyed. Bins turned over with their contents spilled over the ground and scorch marks on the wall. God, you'd really done a number on the place.

The phone stopped ringing, and you were met by a soft grumble. "Y/N?" The line went silent for a moment. "What's up?"

"I think I killed someone, Pete." You'd not been able to take your eyes off of the guy laying in front of you yet, and as you spoke, you finally tore them away, blinking away the tears that wanted to fall.

"Where are you?" You swallowed, glancing around you for a moment, searching for anything that would give you an answer. "Y/N?"

"I don't know. I was at this bar on the Upper East Side, I don't know the name." 

There was a moment of silence, and then the sound of shuffling on the other end of the line. "Okay. Stay on the phone. I'll track the call." You didn't answer for a moment, simply shifting on the spot uncomfortably, and then you heard Peter's web shooters through the phone. "It'll be okay," he uttered softly, but suddenly you weren't too sure about that. 

The sound of Peter landing behind you caused you to jump, and you quickly span to face him, hands held up in an attempt at a defensive stance. You saw his masked eyes shifting, taking in the mess you had caused, and finally landing on the body of the man in the middle of the ground. 

"What happened?" His words came out muffled, and for a moment you wished that he would just take the mask off, even though you knew he couldn't. 

You shrugged slightly, glancing back at the man on the floor. "He bought me a drink in the bar," you started, nodding towards the street behind Peter. "And he started getting real touchy, so I thought I'd just head home." You paused for a moment swallowing the lump that had formed in your throat. "He followed me out and started pushing me around and it just sort of happened. I didn't mean to hurt him, I just lost control."

Peter's eyes narrowed as he let his gaze drift back to the man on the ground. The man who had followed you here and attacked you. The man that you had subsequently killed. "Did he hurt you?"

For a moment, the question confused you, your brows pulling together as you glanced back again, looking at the man on the floor. "Kinda," you uttered, pulling your eyes away and glancing down at your hands. "But I didn't have to murder him."

"You were protecting yourself."

"I could've done it without killing him." You lifted a hand, rubbing at your eyes and forcing back tears. "He didn't need to die."

Peter's heart clenched as he watched you. You were terrified, visibly shaking as you attempted to keep yourself on your feet, and he never wanted to see you look so vulnerable ever again. He stalked over to the body, your eyes following him as he went. 

"Pete, what are you doing?"

"One second," he murmured, crouching down beside the body and pulling at the man's jacket, letting his fingers slip into the pocket. His hand retreated, bringing with them a knife, and Pete let out a sigh. "This guy could've killed you. You did the right thing." There was a moment of silence as you nodded, releasing a shaky breath. "I should call Mr Stark. Get him to help us with-"

"No." The way your voice broke as you let out the sudden burst of energy broke Peter's voice, and he glanced up at you with his brow furrowed. "If Tony knows that I don't 100% control my powers then he'll take me off the team. Please Pete."

Peter slumped back, leaning against the wall as he looked up at you. "Then what do we do?"

"I don't know." You were silent for a moment, shifting uncomfortably on the spot and shaking your head. "I'm sorry. I never should've called you. I shouldn't've made this your problem."

You were clinging to him a second later, gripped tightly in his arms and burrowed into his chest. "It's okay. You did the right thing by calling me."

"But what if-"

"No 'what if's. We're going to deal with this, and then we'll go back to mine and order a pizza and forget it happened. Okay?"

You nodded your agreement, face still pressed into him. 

*Time Skip*

Pete was right, to some extent. An hour or so later, you had finished disposing of the body and had already made it back to his apartment. You'd had to avoid May on your way in, your makeup having run from your tears and your eyes red and sore. But he'd managed to get you into his room without her making an appearance and now, you were sitting in his bed with a pizza between you. 

You wished his idea had been more realistic though. There was no way that you would forget about the man you had killed. Every time you closed your eyes, he was there. And after the first couple of bites of your food, you had given up on eating.

"Not hungry?" You hadn't noticed Peter watching you, though he'd been focused on you fully since you had gotten back. You shook your head, picking at your nails as you attempted to avoid making eye contact with him. "When did you eat last?" You shrugged, and out of nowhere, Pete's hand was on your leg, drawing your attention back to him. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No," you started softly, lifting your hand to your mouth and biting at your nails. "Later."

Pete nodded, pulling your hand away from your mouth and shifting to put his arm around your shoulder. "I'll be here," he murmured, twisting to press his lips to the side of your head and listening as you released a shaking breath. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x