Tony Stark X Reader - Fire

A/N- this imagine is based on the lyrics of the song 'Fire' by Kasabian. It's a quick little think I wrote this afternoon, so sorry if there are any spelling/grammar mistakes. I hope you all enjoy it.

Getting in to Stark Tower had been far easier than you had expected. There were no guards, no Avengers, nothing to stop you from just waltzing into the building with a sweet smile and gun holstered under your jacket. You guessed there was no need for a protection when you were one of the most powerful men in the world. Mr Stark could take care of himself, or so he thought, but he had never met you before.

You stepped into the elevator, hitting the button for Stark's floor and taking a step deeper into the little moving room, allowing a few other people to join you on your travels. God, this was almost too easy. 

As you departed on Stark's floor, you glanced behind you, happy that no one else would be taking the same exit. This would be even easier if there was no one here to see you leave. A quick in and out job. 

Stark's office was a little less simple. There were camera's on every entrance and exit, but those were easy to get rid off. Some of Stark's own devices to shut off the signal for a couple of minutes, just enough time to keep you from being seen.  

You slipped through the door and into his office, ready to hide yourself away until he returned from his daily gym session. But a throat clearing caught you off guard, and you quickly span to find Tony Stark sitting at his desk, eyebrows raised in question.

"Morning," Tony started, allowing a smile to pull at his lips as he gave you the once over. "How can I help you?"

You straightened up, running your tongue over your teeth as you watched him. "You're supposed to be in the training room."

"I told Pepper someone had been watching me, but no, she thought I was just being paranoid," Tony let out a choked laugh, shaking his head. "What do you want?"

"I'm here to kill you," you answered softly, reaching for your gun and holding it up to show it to him. "Nothing personal, Mr Stark."

Tony laughed, shaking his head again and leaving you a little speechless. "Sorry," he uttered, still wracked with laughter that left you utterly floored. You were going to kill him and he was laughing at you. "Sorry," he repeated, calming himself somewhat, "I just find it hard to believe that you'll be the person to kill me."

Your face scrunched slightly as you scowled at him. "And why's that?"

Tony shrugged, "I mean look at you," he chuckled, "you are far too pretty to be an assassin."

A scoff escaped your chest and you shook your head, holding up the gun and aiming it at his temple. "That's a little bit sexist, Mr Stark." 

"Oh, it has nothing to do with you being a woman," Tony continued, "I just think it must be hard to remain unnoticed when no straight man would be able to keep his eyes off of you."

You looked utterly disgusted at his words, and shook your head. "I assure you, I do just fine."

Tony sighed and shrugged again, "Go on then," he told you softly, gesturing at the gun in your hand. 

"What?"

"If you're going to do it can we get it over with, I've got a meeting in 20 minutes that I'd rather not go to."

His words pulled a laugh from your chest, as you stared at him in shock. "God, you really don't think I'm going to do it, do you?"

"Not really, Princess, no." 

With that you surged forward, pressing the muzzle of the gun into Tony's temple and smiling sweetly down at him for a moment. "I've worked too hard to break my winning streak," you uttered, more to yourself than to him, but you felt him shift, the gun moving with him as he laughed.

"You are so serious," he chuckled to himself, "you need to find a new hobby, or something. I've heard knitting is very relaxing." 

Your shoulders slumped slightly at his words. Of course, he was right, all you ever did was work, but who was he to judge you?

Tony pushed the gun away from his face, and you didn't move to put it back, simply allowing your arm to fall at your side. "I'd love a nice new scarf if you end up taking my advice, sweetheart," he uttered, giving you a sarcastic little grin as you holstered your gun. 

"You're lucky I've decided not to kill you," you basically growled, "otherwise that comment would have lost you your head." You paused for a moment, scowling at him. "Dick."

You shook your head as you turned to leave, your hand coming up to rub over your face as you shoved the door open. "Thanks for not killing me," Tony called after you, causing your frown to deepen as the door slammed shut behind you. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x