British!Reader - Do It Like a Dude

A/N- This imagine has no real pairing and is more of just a way of me making the character do Karaoke because I thought that would be fun. Also, reader is british.

You had intended to spend your evening curled up on the sofa in your pyjamas, filling yourself with microwave popcorn and watching movies until you fell asleep, but it would seem that Sam had other plans for you. He had swept into your room with a rather theatrical flourish, heading straight for your wardrobe as you lifted your head to greet him over the arm of the sofa.

"Did you want to borrow something?" you teased as he filed through your clothes, pulling out a few items before forcing them back in.

He faked a laugh, glancing over his shoulder at you for a moment, "where is that black dress you wore to Stark's New Years party?" Your brows furrowed slightly as you sat up, shrugging.

"It should be in there," you told him, getting to your feet and nudging him out of your way as you shuffled through the clothes, finally pulling out the dress he had described. "Ah ha," you called out as you held it up for his inspection, "why'd you want it?"

He smirked as he took it from your arms, throwing it onto your bed. "We're going out tonight," it was less of a request, and more of a demand, but still you rolled your eyes.

"I have plans," you told him softly, moving past him and slumping back onto the sofa, crossing your legs and pressing play on the TV.

"If your plans are watching a movie alone they don't count." He had often attempted to draw you out of your comfort zone and help you integrate with the rest of your colleagues, but you had always fought back tooth and claw, until now.

You gave him a slow blink before shrugging, "I'm too tired to argue," you sighed, getting to your feet. "If you would be kind enough to bring me a Vodka Coke whilst I make myself beautiful," you added, watching as his grin spread across his face.

*Time Skip*

By the time you joined the rest of the group, all getting ready to leave the avengers tower, you were on your third drink, and you intended to keep going. There was no way that you could endure a Karaoke bar sober, and you knew Sam well enough to know that the bar around the corner, which held Karaoke nights all weekend, would be your first stop.

Sam smiled, wrapping his arm around your shoulder, and turning you to face the rest of the group. "Look who finally decided we were worth partying with," he called to them, and you felt your cheeks heat up as they all cheered in excitement. You always enjoyed a night out, but the build up was always the worst part, waiting around for the fun to begin.

"What can I say?" you yelped slightly, shrugging out of his grip and taking a shot glass that Tony was holding out to you, "I'm not the partying type," you added before tipping the glass back and swallowing. Another cheer came from the group as you slammed the small glass back onto the table. "Are we ready to go?"

Sam was laughing as he nodded, gesturing for you to lead the way, and you did as you were told, making for the door.

Of course, you had been right about your destination. You spent the first forty minutes watching the others take turns singing on the stage, and cheering loudly when each song came to an end, but soon enough Sam was at your side again.

"You're letting down your country," he slurred at you, and you choked out a laugh, forcing yourself to swallow the sip you had just taken from your drink.

You bit your lip to stop your laughter, "and how is that?"

"Your just sitting here and letting us all prove how much better americans are," he answered quickly, and you sent him a playful glare as you pulled the book of songs towards you, flipping through the pages. You could see him silently congratulating himself for his ability to goad you into action, but chose to ignore it as you picked yourself a song and ordered yourself another shot. You and Sam had always enjoyed a healthy competition, and it usually centred around your clashing nationalities; you believed that brits did it better, and he believed that the americans had the upper hand, but it had often ended in a draw.

You smirked as you scribbled your name and the song number down, shielding it from Sam's watchful eyes and smirking when you got to your feet and crossed the room to hand it to the man running the Karaoke machine. You returned to your seat, knocking back another shot to calm your nerves and smiling sweetly in Sam's direction. "Are you going to tell me what you're singing?" he hummed and you shook your head softly.

"No," you muttered, watching as he pouted at this new information, "but it's going to blow you out of the water," you added, causing his eyes to widen as he brought his hand to his chest. As the man called your name you felt your smile grow even wider and you got to your feet, crossing the room as your friends cheered you on. You gave a small smile to the room before leaning a little closer to the microphone. "I'm just gunna show you how a brit performs," you spoke, softly enough that it only just echoed through the sound system.

The music began to play and you allowed your body to sway slightly as you took the mic off of it's stand, taking a few steps across the stage. "Stomp stomp I've arrived," you started, your eyes locking onto Sam's as you sent him a small smirk, "drop the beat, nasty face, why you lookin' at me?" you continued, pulling your eyes from him and dancing across the stage in the other direction. You had always had a flare for the dramatic, and performing had been something you had done since you were a child, doing dance routines in your bedroom with your friends to shitty pop music and then going to perform it to your parents. But Sam and the others didn't know you as well as they thought they did, and this was completely knew to them. "Imma' do it like a brother, do it like a dude, grab my crotch, where my hat low like you." Truthfully, if it hadn't been for the powers you had discovered then you probably would have gone into music, but that was never going to be something you would tell them.

As the song came to an end you slipped the microphone back into it's stand and your friends erupted into cheers. "Oh my god, who knew that little Y/N had a performing streak in her?" Sam cried out as you reached the group and took his drink from his hand, taking a large gulp before handing it back.

Nat raised her hand, causing you to chuckle, "the shower room in the gym has always been her chosen venue," she told them, and you shook your head.

"Not my fault you can't keep up, Sammy," you murmured, causing him to open his mouth, as though he was going to respond, but it simply stayed hanging open, leaving him looking like a fish.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x