Inquisitorial Squad

Paisley

Dear Paisley,
I was wondering how your first days at the new school was going. How are your classes? Have you made any new friends? I know this is all still surprising to you that you're 15 and this is only your first year at Hogwarts. One day when you have children of your own, you will understand why I was so longing to protect you from the outside world. I've been going to lots of meetings and things like that. The dark lord wants something, but we'll get to that later. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time at Hogwarts and hope that you will write to me! I love you, and remember, you are my star.
- Dad

As I read this in my dorm after a restless night, I thought of how I would answer him. Like, oh yeah it was great until a 7th-year tried to take advantage over me. And I thought this experience at Hogwarts was going to start off good? I grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill.

Dear Dad,
Everything is going good. The classes are really cool, especially Astronomy. I also made a new friend. I don't know if you remember her, but it's Daphne from when I was younger. She's really nice! I hope you're doing okay at home. I love you too.
- Paisley

I knew better than to make him worry about me, and to not ask questions about Voldemort's schemes.

After Daphne and I got ready, we headed down to the common room. When we walked in, almost every Slytherin was gathered around looking at the wall, and then I remembered....the quidditch teams. I moved my way through the crowd and read the parchment on the wall.

Slytherin Quidditch Team:
Captain- Adrian Pucey
Beater- Vincent Crabbe
Beater- Gregory Goyle
Seeker- Draco Malfoy
Keeper- Miles Bletchley
Chaser- Blaise Zambini
Chaser- Adrian Pucey
Chaser- Paisley Jones
*practices are Tuesday's and Thursday's from 7-9 pm but may be modified by the Captain if he/she desires based on the team's needs. If there should be a change, the Captain must get permission from the head of their house. Games shall be held on Friday's, Saturday's, or Sunday's.*

"Did you make the team?" Daphne asked.

"Yeah, I made the team!" She started jumping up and down, and I was so excited for a moment I forgot about the millions of other things going on. "I can't believe I did it!"

It was really nice having a friend that is happy for me and my accomplishments.

                                       ✩︎✩︎✩︎

We still had time to spare before going to our first class after breakfast, so we decided to go back to the common room. I turned to leave the Great Hall when I run into two familiar red-heads. "Woh there, slow down PG," Fred or George said. I could never tell the difference. I told Daphne to get going and that I'd meet here there.

"Sorry, I was just going to the common room," I said.

"It's alright," They said at the same time.

"PG?" I said, crossing my arms.

"Yes we did. You didn't think Fred and I would let that go, did you?" George said jokingly.

"Okay whatever. I'm going to go now," I started to walk past them.

"Wait, what happened to your neck?" They asked with concern. I really hoped they wouldn't notice.