Mom and Dad

Paisley

The past week was pretty boring. Draco and I would spend our days reading and talking occasionally. Every once and a while, Draco would take me in walks to the library or the Astronomy Tower to look at the stars. Every day was a little bit the same as the last, and every day, Draco and the others would try to get me to talk. I didn't want to talk, I just felt numb.

I look back and I know that I've felt this way for quite some time, I just had a really good way of hiding it; I had a good way of convincing myself I was fine. When Draco broke up with me, I was devastated and vulnerable. I felt tired of hiding everything, so it all spilled out. Something in my head told me that that was the only way out. It wasn't.

I know Draco thinks this is all his fault, but he doesn't understand. I tried to explain it to him once and he didn't get it. He blames his self and it sucks that I can't change his mind easier.

I had also thought about what Ginny, Neville, and Luna might be thinking right now. Obviously they would've noticed Draco and I not in class, and I know they might be worried about me. I don't know if I want to tell them or even want them to know. I could just say I was sick, so Draco got sick too.

I had done no school work and gone to no apparation lessons with Snape in a whole week and that's how Draco said he wanted it, and apparently Snape thought it would be good too. Everyone keeps telling me to not feel bad for missing class and that I should take as much time as I need, but I don't know how to feel.

"How do you feel, Darling?" Draco asked after he noticed I was awake.

"Hmm," was all I had the energy to say. Every day he was the one up first and the one who fell asleep last. He tries not to let me notice he's not sleeping well, but I do.

"Snape sent me a letter. He said he wants to know how you are. He wants us in his office by noon." He said. "Is that okay?"

"Mhm." I responded as I moved closer to him.

After we had cuddled for a while, we both got up out of bed and took turns using the lavatory. When I showered, he waited outside the entire time just like he did every morning for the past week. I get annoyed sometimes because he never lets me go anywhere alone anymore, and yeah, it shows how much he cares, but he needs to learn to trust me again.

There was one moment this morning when I was putting in a little makeup, only because we were leaving the dorm, when he just came up and hugged me from behind. Then he backed away and watched me do the rest of my makeup. "You look beautiful, Paisley. Not that you don't always look beautiful." He said.

And without even realizing, I smiled. Once I realized I smiled, I looked at him and his face lit up. "Oh my god." He said excitedly. "You smiled." And then he came back over and kissed me a few times.

"It was just one." I said after that short spark or happiness was long gone.

After both of us got ready, we left the dorm, and I realized how it felt good to get ready for something.

When we walked down the halls towards Snape's office, people walking past would stare and make side comments. I don't blame them.

It wasn't until we were almost there when I saw her; Astoria walking in our direction. My stomach sunk and I looked up at Draco. He didn't look down at me, but straight forward, madly looking at her as she came closer.

Draco wasn't slowing down, he was picking up his pace, therefore I was too. The door to Snape's office was only a few yards away and we were getting closer, but so was she. We wanted to make it to his office before she got the chance to come over by us. We moved as far to the right of the corridor as possible but all she did was come closer to us.