The Diagnosis

Paisley

When we went back to the dorm because I was sick, I threw up even more. In fact, that night I woke up and barely made it to the lavatory to throw up again. I was lucky I even got four hours of sleep.

As I was laying on my side in the bed, curled up in a ball feeling very nauseous, Draco was going to Snape's office to tell him that we wouldn't be in class today.

But I did this to myself. I decided it was a good idea to drink out of that cup. And who actually knows what was in there, because it could've been spelled to be stronger than normal. Or it could've just been that drink that was like that, or it could simply be that my body didn't take it well. But no matter the reason, that drink made me sick.

Draco came back into the dorm and closed the door before coming over to me and kissing my forehead. "You probably shouldn't kiss me. I don't want to make you sick too." I said.

He sat down beside me and rubbed my back. "I don't care." He kissed me again.

"I don't know why you insisted on staying here with me. I'm not going to be any fun." I said.

"I love you and I will take care of you." He said. "And we should see Madam Pomfrey about this. I mean, do you really believe it's just because of the drink. If there's something wrong we should find out."

"Yes I know but if it was just because of the drink, I'll have to tell her about the party. Then I would get a lot of people in trouble." I explained.

"I see." He continued to rub my back. "Okay, if you're still like this tomorrow then I'm taking you there. If it comes to that, we don't have to tell her why if she doesn't ask. And what if it's just a virus and it has nothing related to the drinking?"

I sighed. "Yeah, okay you make a good point. I'll go in tomorrow if I'm not better, but I'm sure I will be."

And so he stayed with me and took care of me all day. Every time I tried to eat, even though one of my meals was soup, I threw it up. I just couldn't keep anything down and it actually seemed to be getting worse. I'm not sure what's really going on with me but if it continues like this, it's not going to end up good.

That night I woke up again once to throw up more. I kept vomiting even though I had no food in my stomach in the first place, which made me think that this wasn't just caused by the drink. I think Draco was thinking the same thing too. But at least Draco didn't get sick after spending so much time with me.

So the next morning, as we agreed, Draco would take me down to the Hospital Wing so that I could find out what was going on. I was getting so exhausted from vomiting so much and being nauseous and I knew that Madam Pomfrey would be able to help.

We walked slowly down to the Hospital wing and I held a bag with me just in case. It took us way longer to get there, mostly because Draco had to help me down the stairs and walking in general. I was so weak because I had no food or liquids in my stomach. He actually offered to carry me at one point but I said it was silly, but to be this weak was somewhat embarrassing even though I knew I had no control over it. Maybe if we would've visited Madam Pomfrey earlier, I would've been fine by now.

When we walked in, it's almost like just by the sight of me Madam Pomfrey knew she needed to run over and see what was wrong. "What is it this time, Paisley?" She asked as Draco helped me lay down in a bed.

"She's been throwing up for almost two days. She eats but she can't keep any of it down." Draco answered for me.

She took out her wand. "Yes, vomiting that much will certainly wear you out. I'll just do a small diagnosis so see what the matter is." She started slowly waving her wand up and down on me, as she usually did. "Now did you eat anything before the vomiting started that-" and then she just stopped and stared down with a shocked face.