Death Eater Task

Draco

I'm a death eater now. I'm a fucking death eater...but not by choice. Paisley's going to hate me. The mark hurts like hell, and it's constantly burning. The skin around it is all red and irritated. It burns when you have an assignment from the dark lord, and I have my first one.

Throughout the upcoming school year, I am to go to the Room of Requirement and repair a vanishing cabinet so that on the date of June 30th, the death eaters can attack Hogwarts. They want me to kill Dumbledore. They're making me into a fucking assassin and I have no choice!

Voldemort threatened to kill me and everyone I love if I don't complete my task. That includes my parents...and Paisley. That's right, the dark lord knows that me and Paisley are close. My mother and Snape could not lie to Voldemort any longer because no one has ever successfully lied to him. But him knowing about Paisley means that he could use that against me and her.

At first the dark lord wanted to kill Paisley because of how angry her mother made him, but now he feels that she could be a very powerful death eater just as her mother was. There is no particular plan of what to do with Paisley yet, but I know Voldemort wants Paisley on our side. That thought made my stomach turn. I'm a death eater, but I won't let her become one.

Every time I attended a meeting with Voldemort, I felt like I was going to throw up. I knew I wouldn't like this, but I never imagined to feel this horrible.

Everyone always thought I was pure evil, and that I would eventually become a death eater. Now it is all true. What everyone thinks of me is true now. I really am evil. Paisley will think that I'm evil...she's not going to want to be around me anymore if she finds out. I want to tell her, but I'm afraid of what she'll think of me.

I want to see Paisley and I want to talk to her. I want to feel the warmth of her body against mine. I want her to tell me everything is going to be okay even though we both know it's not. I want to write to her, but there is never enough time because I'm too busy being a death eater.

I hate everything about this; how I don't have a choice, how Paisley and my parents lives are in my hands, how I'm on Voldemort's side, how Paisley's going to be devastated when she finds out what has become of me, how I have to kill Dumbledore. I hate all of it.

I have to put on a brave face when I'm around my parents or any of the other death eaters because I have to act like this is all normal. I cry at night in my room when I'm alone sometimes. This pressure that I have on my shoulders is overwhelming.

I get nightmares now; really bad ones. I wake up multiple times during the night screaming, crying, shaking, and sweating. Sometimes I see my parents or Paisley die in front of my eyes and it's my fault. Sometimes I die and I watch how Paisley becomes completely broken. In my dreams it always ends up being my fault. Always.

With my nightmares and all the meetings, I barely have enough time to seep. Even if I had time, I could never fall asleep. Small bags have developed under my eyes due to not sleeping and I find myself looking worse and worse each day.

My mother tries to be there for me and I know she cares, but I'm so angry with her that I just push her away.

My father could care less about what has become of me. He's being sentenced to Azkaban for the murder of Robert Garcia and for being a discovered death eater. He killed my girlfriend's father and I hate him for that, but I still am sad about him going to Azkaban. I don't want him to go there, but I have no choice but to watch it happen.