Endless Cries

Draco

Paisley didn't sleep at all. She just cried and cried into my chest throughout the night. I don't think I've ever seen anyone cry this much.

She still hasn't said a word to me. I don't blame her, but I want to know exactly what happened with her father because the only thing I know is that he died, and I heard that from Potter.

There are more OWL exams today and all throughout the week, but Dumbledore isn't going to have Paisley take them. He wants her to take the time to recover, and I'm not supposed to let her out of my sight. He wants me to take care of her, and I will not fail. I just don't know how to help her. I've never been good at helping people, and she knows that. Yet, she always comes to me.

"Draco?" I heard Paisley ask quietly. She was facing away from me and laying her head on my chest. This is the first time she's talked to me.

"Yes darling, what is it?" I tried not to be too loud when I asked.

She paused before saying, "you don't need to do this." She's just doubting herself again. She's does this all the time.

"Yes...yes I do" I said. I think she finally stopped crying. I slowly sat up, and she turned to look at me. "I'm going to get us breakfast."

"I'm not hungry." She turned over again as I got up from the bed.

"I know." I smiled sadly as I left the room. As soon as I closed the door, I leaned against it and took a deep breath before leaving to heading to the Great Hall.

As soon as I was in the common room, Pansy and Daphne sprinted up to me. "Oh my god, we heard what happened last night." Pansy said.

"How did you know already?" I asked.

"Word travels fast around here. Anyway, is she okay? Where is she? Can we see her?" Daphne asked with worry in her voice.

Pansy didn't give me time to answer. "Is she in your dorm again?"

"Settle down, she's in my dorm." They glanced at each other. "But she's not doing good and she's not talking much. I was just going to get breakfast for her and I don't know if it's the best time to-" they sprinted towards my dorm and I cut myself off. "No, it's not a good time."

"Shut up, we're going to see her." Pansy yelled as they reached my dorm. Daphne slowly opened the door and they both walked in with me behind. Paisley was curled up in a ball crying on my bed when we came in. She had her arms wrapped around as if she were protecting herself because I wasn't there.

"Oh, Paisley." Daphne said as her and Pansy went over. Paisley realized they were there, so quickly sat up and tried to wipe her tears away.

"You don't have to hide that from us." Pansy said as the two of them sat next to Paisley. They both hugged her tightly.

Paisley looked like she wanted to talk, but the words couldn't form. "No, you don't have to say anything. We just want you to be okay." Daphne said.

"And we wanted to make sure Draco was talking good care of you." Pansy said as she gave me a look.

"He is." Paisley said quietly. Daphne and Pansy smiled.

"Well, I'll go get breakfast. It looks like you two got this covered." I said before closing the door and leaving my dorm. I felt very glad that Paisley still had them to lean on, saying that her Gryffindor friends possibly won't be talking to her for a while. It's so stupid that they let our relationship stop them from comforting Paisley after what happened with her dad.

I walked into the great hall and see Hermione, Harry, and Ron sitting at their table. Of course they had to be here. I tried to quickly walk past them and started to get food. I couldn't help but notice all the people whispering and staring at me.