Burrow Battle

Paisley

After leaving for winter break, I felt more anxious than before. At first I tried to come up with as many possibilities of how I could stay with Draco during the break; we could both stay at Hogwarts, I could go to the manor, he could come to the Weasley's with me. None of those options seemed possible. The Weasley's insisted on me coming back for break, it's not safe for me to go to the manor even if we try to stay hidden, and as welcoming as the Weasley's are, they would not welcome a Malfoy into their home.

Being away from Draco had been done before, but the thing that got me was that everyone is going to question me about what I know about Draco. They're going to assume that I know things because we are in a relationship, and that's true, but I have to act like I know nothing. I can never tell anyone about what I know.

Another thing was that the death eaters would know where I am and they can get to me because I'm not at Hogwarts. Depending on if Snape's plan to help me works or not, the death eaters may try to take me with them to recruit me. I think they'll do anything to get what they want.

Snape's plan only referred to how Voldemort would use Draco to get me to join by telling him that Draco and I have broken up, but he didn't consider the other ways that Voldemort could make me a death eater.

I arrived at the burrow with Harry, Ron, and Ginny on a chilly day in December. Hermione is spending winter break with her parents because she didn't want to be around Ron.

The twins immediately hugged me first when they came to greet everyone. "Wow, how nice you both are." Ron said sarcastically.

I almost started crying because it's been so long since I've seen Fred and George. "Shut up Ron." Fred said.

They stopped hugging me. "How have you been doing?" George asked. "Be honest."

I shrugged. "I'm okay." I said.

"Well that's understandable." Fred said as he glanced at George.

Ginny put her arm around my shoulder. "We've been watching over her, I promise."

"Oh shut up Gin." Ron commented. "You've been too interested in Dean and all the guys to be thinking about other things."

"I've told you already and I'll tell you again, you do not get to say things like that! You don't get to tell me what I can do!" Ginny was almost tearing up. "And Dean and I are over anyway."

We all went silent as Harry seemed to gain more interest in Ginny. She walked away into the burrow, pulling her trunk behind as she went. "I had no idea that they broke up." I said. "I better go see if she's okay." I followed Ginny.

When I walked into the burrow with Ginny, Molly ran up to me straight away and gave me a hug. She didn't come to pick us up from Kings Cross Station. Workers from the Ministry escorted us to the burrow to be safe. "Oh, dear. I'm so sorry I didn't send any letters! It was too hard with all of the security, but I guess with everything that's going on, it is necessary to say these measures.."

Ginny continued to walk up to her room. "It's okay, Mrs. Weasley." I said.

"I really didn't want you or anyone else to go to Hogwarts this year. It's far too dangerous, especially for you and Harry." She said.

I looked down and thought for a moment before looking back up at her. "Do you...do you think that while I'm here, the death eaters will try and get me since they will know my whereabouts?"

She kissed me on the forehead. "I do not want you to worry." I knew for a fact that everyone was already worrying, including her. "Lupin and Tonks are coming over, so we will all protect you and make sure nothing happens. Now, you should go get unpacked."