Hospital Wing

Draco

Daphne told me she was going to collect all the school work for Paisley if she missed it next week and that she would bring meals. What's the point of me coming if I didn't do anything? Towards the end of breakfast in the Great Hall, Daphne and I left early with some food for her.

When we walked into the Hospital Wing, Madan Pomfrey came up to us. "She's still sleeping right now, sorry."

"Can we please? Just for a moment. It will be quick," Daphne said desperately.

Madam Pomfrey paused. "Oh alright, but don't wake her. She needs her rest." She pointed her finger at us before letting us pass. We walked over to the place she was at and I pulled back the curtain that was surrounding her bed. She looked so peaceful when she was asleep. I found myself just staring at her.

I heard Daphne set the food down on the side table next to her bed and she tapped my shoulder. "Draco...Draco," She whispered. I think she was trying to tell me that we should be leaving, but I didn't care. I didn't even look at Daphne, but out of the corner of my eye I could see her smile and then walk away. It was just the two of us now.

I don't know if it was just in the moment, but I gave Paisley a small kiss on the forehead and then turned to leave. I was glad she was asleep because I don't want her to know that what I just did or that I cared enough to come here. And suddenly I hear her small, faint voice from behind me as I started to walk away. "Draco?" I turned around to see her eyes slowly opening.

"Yeah?" I was scared she was awake when I kissed her.

"Can you come later?" She asked, trying to force herself to be more awake.

I thought about saying no, but I said, "sure." She gave me a small smile before closing her eyes again to go back to sleep. I put my hands in the pockets of my blazer after closing the curtain. I walked away from her bed to see Daphne with her arms folded and a smirk on her face. I knew that she only invited me to see what I would do, and I think she saw everything.

"Don't you dare tell anyone, got it?" I said sternly.

"Got it," She said while smiling. I couldn't help but smile too as we left the Hospital Wing.

I decided to go for a walk on around school grounds to pass time before lunch. I wanted to be alone with my thoughts. I didn't mind being alone sometimes because I was raised that way. When I was younger, my parents were always going to meetings and had business to do. They didn't have time for me. But lately I've not been wanting to be alone. I find myself wanting Paisley to be there. Before things went downhill back at the Astronomy Tower, I really enjoyed talking with her. I was consumed by her presence and everything was so...easy with her.

When I was outside, I realized how much colder it had gotten. I was okay with my just my suit though. I put my hands in my pockets again as I started to walk around the castle. This place really was beautiful. I thought about her, about why she rejected me in the Astronomy Tower, about Blaise, Goyle, Umbridge, my parents. I thought about everything, and it was overwhelming but also comforting.

I walked through and around the courtyard and saw a group of kids. They were surrounding the Weasley twins as they were tossing and doing tricks with what looked like a small firework. Everyone around them was cheering loudly as they did more tricks. I would never let anyone know, but I actually liked the Weasley twins. I admired how they were the ultimate jokester duo and could make anyone laugh. Even me sometimes.

I watched from a distance as Umbridge walked over and sucked the small firework back into her own wand. She then walked towards me. "Mr. Malfoy, you shall come with me." I nodded and followed her back into the school with everyone staring. What did she possibly need from me at this time?