Close Call

Draco

This summer was completely terrible, and I'm so glad it's over now. The dark lord made me do things I never thought I could do, and those times were much like torturing that muggle girl who resembled Paisley. He's punished me many times by means of Legilimemcy and sometimes even short moments of the Cruciatus Curse. Overall, summer was hell, and I knew that that's only the start of this war. There's so much more to come.

All I want to focus on is Paisley, just Paisley and nothing else. I'm only thinking about her. She's the thing keeping me going to Hogwarts. The last time I saw her, she was worn out, exhausted, thinner, dirtier, and held hostage in the depths of my family's manor. I want to see that she's okay now, and I hope nothings changed because of what happened to her in my own house.

I would normally wait on the platform for her to come, but I figured we should meet up on the train this time, and I told her this in our most recent letter. She knows where to meet me; in the Slytherin area of the train where I was right now. All there was left to do was wait for her to come.

"Draco, she's coming. Calm down." Daphne said.

I was vary anxious and impatient. I could barely hold myself together. I didn't even realize the constant tapping of my foot and fiddling with my rings under the table as I sat in a booth with an empty seat next to me. "I am calm." I snapped.

"Wait, she just ran by!" Blaise anounced as he looked out the window. I ran over next to him but there was no Paisley in sight, but he said she was there, which means I'll see her very soon.

We heard someone running and it seemed like everyone in the Slytherin compartment turned to look at where the sound was coming from. It's her, I know it's her.

She fast footsteps grew louder and louder until we saw a figure running towards us, and there she was. Paisley was running as fast as she could straight towards me, and so I started to come closer too. We simply couldn't help ourselves.

As she saw me, Paisley didn't stop running, she actually started crying happy tears. When she reached me, she jumped up and I caught her. Paisley had her legs wrapped tightly around my torso as she hugged me so tight I thought I might suffocate if she went tighter. I held her up as we held each other close.

Slytherin's who were watching us, which is pretty much all of them, started clapping and whistling like they were cheering for us.

She looked better than when I saw her last. Her cheeks were full with color and there were no bags under her eyes. She even smelt good; well, she always smelt good. I guess the Weasley's took good care of her.

Paisley leaned back, still with her legs locked around my torso and her arms around my neck, and she kissed me. I hadn't realized how much I've missed the touch of her lips on mine. Everyone cheered louder.

I slowly let her down and we kept on kissing like our lives depended on it. It was passionate, soft, and sweet, and we didn't want to stop. I pulled her waist closer to me. It had been so long.

We've come back from breaks before, but this time was different, and I think that was because of the conditions of which I last saw her and how the war's really getting bad now. We're just glad we're both still alive...and together.

The cheers and whistles continued, and now I was fed up with it. I pulled my lips away from her and turned my head to everyone else. "Shut the hell up!" I said, making everyone finally stop. Paisley giggled. God, I love the sound of her laugh. It always makes me smile.

"Let's sit down, Draco." She said, still giggling. I nodded and she lead me to sit down in the booth that Daphne and Miles were sitting at.

I got in and Paisley followed. She turned to me. "We'll talk later, okay?" She asked, whispering into my ear.