Not Understanding

Paisley

Draco said he had to check something back on the train and that I should leave. I know there's something going on with him. When we got on the train he started acting like how he did before we started dating. I asked him what was going on and he dismissed it. He can't be lying to me right now...especially now. I still need him.

I left the train with Daphne, Pansy, Blaise, and Miles and we walked to get to the carriages. It was weird because they had to go through our bags and check everyone's name off a list before we went to the school.

Once we got into Hogwarts and went to the Great Hall, everything seemed off. I got dirty looks from lots of students as I took my seat at the Slytherin table. "What the hell is she doing here?" I heard a student say.

This time I heard every comment being made and it's like they wanted me to hear it. I started to breath fast and my hands started to shake.

"Fucking lier." The other said. "She just didn't want everyone to know her mum's a murderer."

No, I haven't had a panic attack in a while and I'm not going to get one now. My cheeks became hot as I looked down at the floor, trying to contain myself. Where's Draco? I need Draco.

"She's putting us all in danger by being here." Oh god, where's Draco?

Daphne grabbed my hand and traced circles, just how Draco always did. "It's okay Paisley. You're okay." Daphne must've learned what to do from Draco. It worked, and I slowly started to calm down again. Pansy helped too.

Blaise and Miles looked at the students angrily. "It's not going to do anything by starting a fight, if that's what you're thinking." I said to them quietly.

"What is it with guys starting fights anyway?" Pansy asked, the five of us still looking at the students talking.

"I have no idea." Daphne said before the feast appeared on the tables as soon after the sorting ceremony had ended.

I decided to grab a little bit of food, only to make it seem like I was going to eat. While I grabbed the food, the sleeve of my rope slid back to reveal my wrist. I quickly covered it to see Pansy staring at my wrist and then back to me. "Don't you dare say anything." I said quietly, but sternly.

"But Paisley that's...you can't do that. I'm going to tell him." She said.

"No I've stopped. It was only a few times and I'm not doing it anymore, I promise. Please, please don't tell Draco." I said.

She looked worried about me. "Fine." She said after thinking about it. "But if you do it again, I'm telling him." I nodded and she still looked worried. I hope she'll keep that to herself because I don't know how Draco would take it.

After a minute or so, Draco walked into the Great Hall at a fast pace looking tired, stressed, worried, angry, tired, sad, and all of the above. I looked him over as he came and sat down next to me and I saw the dark circles under his eyes. They were more noticeable under the candles and lights inside rather than on the train. I want him to tell me what's wrong.

Shortly after Draco, Harry and Luna walked in. Harry was holding a cloth to his nose that had an abundant amount of blood on it. It looked like his nose was broken. "Oh my god, Harry! I'm going to see what's wrong."

I got up from my seat and Draco gripped my arm. "No." The thing is, he didn't look angry when he said that. He looked sad, like he didn't want me to leave.

I was surprised to how he grabbed my arm. He noticed that he had been a bit too controlling and let go. I sat down and cocked my head at him. "What's going on?" I asked as I fixed his hair.