Introductions

Paisley

I woke up and was laying facing away from Draco, his arm was around my waist from behind and he was holding my hand. As far as I know, he's still sound asleep. I missed waking up in this room with him every morning.

As my eyes adjusted to the light, I looked around and noticed a neatly folded letter on the ground in front of the door, like someone slid it underneath the door from the other side.

I gave Draco's hand a kiss before letting go and sliding out of his grasp on me. I got out of bed and realized I was still in just my bra and underwear from last night. Last night was good, and we needed that after how long we were apart before then, I just wish I could give him what he wanted. Although he tells me it's okay that I want to wait, I still feel bad. I know I don't have to feel bad because it's Draco I'm talking about.

I grabbed the first thing that was closest to me to cover myself up, and it just happened to be Draco's white, long sleeve button-up shirt he had on last night before we took it off and flew it across the room.

When I slipped it on, it was so big on me. The sleeves were baggy and so long that my hands were covered and the end of the shirt fell to my mid-thigh. I rolled the sleeves up a bit and did two of the buttons in the middle of the it so it would stay on better before I walked towards the letter.

I picked it up off the ground, unfolded it, and started to read.

Dear Miss Garcia,
As you know from our conversation yesterday, I am requiring you to take apparation lessons with me. Those lessons will start at precisely 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Since apparation takes more skill and concentration than simply defending yourself against the dark arts, you need more time. You shall meet for lessons in my office.
-Severus Snape

I really don't want to do apparation lessons, especially with Snape. I didn't want to do defensive lessons either, but he helped me a lot. I just don't feel like being forced to be around him when every time I look at him I think of how he killed Dumbledore.

I set the letter down on the bedside table when Draco moved around in the bed and felt the empty space beside him. "Paisley?!" He asked as he started to slowly open his eyes.

"I'm here, Draco." I said as I grabbed his hand.

"Come back to bed." He said as he tried to pull me in. "Pleaseeee."

"We have to get ready soon." I said.

"Is that my shirt?" He asked.

"Maybe." I said. "But never mind that. We have class today." He pouted his lip and frowned. His eyes were sparkly, and sad. I couldn't resist even if I tried. "Fine."

I rolled my eyes and let him pull me back into bed. I laid on my back as he laid nearly on top of me. He hugged me really tight around my waist and his head rested on my chest. "You're such a baby, Draco Malfoy." I said as I calmly ran my fingers through his hair. He was asleep already, so he didn't hear me. I figured I'd just tell him about Snape's letter when he woke up.

✩︎✩︎✩

A few minutes went by where I just looked down and watched him silently sleep on me. It was so nice, and I wished we could stay like this forever, but we had to get ready for class now. "Okay, Draco. We gotta get up now."

He groaned. "Noooo." He said, hugging me tighter to prevent me from leaving.

"Yes." I said. "I know you like to sleep in, but we can't miss class on the first day."