Ministry Battle

Paisley

By the time I arrived at the Ministry, I was way behind the rest of them because I was flying a lot slower. I could no longer see where they were going, but I didn't have to see. I knew they were going to the Department of Mysteries in the Ministry of Magic.

I left my broom on the ground and went into the elevator once I was in the Ministry. I stayed in once I heard the female voice say, "Department of Mysteries." The door slid open and I slowly stepped out, trying not to make any noise as I walked onwards in hopes that I would see something to tell me I was in the right place. I was hoping to see Hermione or Harry or Ron or anyone else, but I saw no one. I kept on walking until I approached a dark door. When I tried to listen to what was behind the door, I heard cracks and whooshes of apparation and crashing going on. This has to be it.

I wrapped my hand around the doorknob and carefully opened the door to see very high ceilings. The room had tall shelves filled with small orbs of blue fog. There were billions of them stacked on the shelves with long isles between them. I continued walking and noticed that the room seemed to go on for forever.

The strange sounds continued but they sounded more like spells being fired from a distance. I wondered on through, weaving through the very tall shelves until something caught my attention. One of the orbs seemed to be glowing blue and appeared to be more bright and vibrant that the others. As I walked up closer to the sphere, I realized that it had my name on it; my real name. I found wondered if every wizard had one of these with their name on it.

It felt like I was attracted to the glowing orb. I went up to it and held it in my hands when it started to speak in a voice that sounded echoed. "To intrude on a unwelcome presence disrupts the objective of the dark lord...she shall get retribution from the relations of her mother's violations against the dark lord...when she becomes forsaken, she shall discover similarities with the chosen one..." my wand flew out of my hand and brought me back to reality. I seemed to be distracted by the voice coming from the orb. I was thankful that when I turned to see who it was, it was Neville.

"You aren't supposed to be here!" Neville ran to me and grabbed my wrist, starting to make me run in the opposite direction of where I came in. I grabbed my wand before leaving and held the orb tightly as we ran.

"Neville what's going on?! Is - is this a prophecy?! Where are-" he continued to frantically drag me through the room.

"No time to explain, we need to find the others. Death eaters are attacking...they want Harry's prophecy." We ran into all the others as we met up closer in the middle of the room. They all stared at me wide-eyed.

"What are you doing here?! You can't be here!" Harry yelled. Many black, thick strands of smoke were coming at us from all angles. We're those death eaters?

"There's no time Harry!" Hermione said as we all started to slowly back up.

Ginny stepped forward from the group. "Reducto!" A large blue light blasted out of her want with so much force that our hair flew back. The spell cast away the death eaters coming towards us but the tall shelves started to fall over in the process, making the orbs crash to the floor. They fell starting from the entrance from where I came in, and fell on each other, almost like dominos. We realized that if we didn't run, we would get crushed.

We all sprinted as the shelves were being knocked over one by one. They followed us as we reached a door on the opposite side. Hermione quickly opened it and we all jumped through, not realizing that there was no floor on the other side. We heard the rest of the shelves crash as we were falling down to who knows where. Just before we hit the ground, we stopped and levitated for only a second before coming in contact with the ground, making the landing more bearable.