The Battle (p1)

Paisley

Draco and I were standing in the Great Hall amongst all of the Slytherin's, and McGonagall and Snape broke out into a fight. She wanted him gone. But only if she knew he wasn't evil, that he was never on Voldemort's side. I had the urge to run out from the crowd and stop McGonagall before she hurt him. Draco knew that I had that urge, and he put his arm around me and wouldn't let me move. We both knew I would get hurt if I went out there.

The past few weeks was spent planning with the Gryffindors and everyone else in the Room of Requirement. We contacted the Order and everyone around and told them what we knew and what was going to happen. They were now in the back of this room with Harry watching the fight go down. We had a plan, and Draco and I were going to make sure that we made it out alive, because the battle was just beginning.

One more spell was slammed against Snape and he shielded himself right before he apparated out of the building, breaking the glass as he went. Snape was gone, and everyone cheered. I wasn't cheering, and neither was Draco. If only they all knew.

Everybody was going in different directions; some set off to barricade the doors and some went to places to stand and fight around the school. I took my chance, grabbed Draco's hand tightly, and ran over to where the Weasley's, Hermione, and Harry were with McGonagall.

The second Harry and Hermione saw me, I could see their eyes drifting from my eyes to my stomach. We reached the group right as the rest of the Weasley's stared at me, all realizing at the same time.

"I'm about 18 weeks." They all looked completely shocked. Draco wrapped his arm around me again in support. "It's a girl, and I couldn't tell anyone for...safety reasons."

It seemed like everyone's eyes were drifting back and forth from me to Draco. When I looked at the twins, I thought for a second that they might actually kill Draco, but then Fred came up and hugged me tightly. George went up to Draco and said, "I better be her favorite uncle," before actually hugging him. And I could've never been happier.

"I'll be her favorite though, we both know that. Right PG?" Fred said, the twins still hugging us. "You wish," George said. I almost forgot about that ridiculous nickname.

When they stopped hugging Draco and I, everyone else hugged us in congratulations. This wasn't the response from them that I thought we would get. They were welcoming to Draco like I've never seen before. I knew they would love this baby just as much as us.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked up to us, and Hermione hugged me first. "I'm here for you, okay?" She said.

She backed away next to Harry and smiled at me...and Draco. Then Ron hugged me straight after. "I'm here for you too, you know that." That's true, because he was practically a bother to me, as are the twins. They were always there for me.

Next was Harry, and I'm going to lie, I didn't know how he was going to react regardless of how everyone else did.

Harry hugged me, as I thought he would. "I missed you so much, and I didn't expect this. But I'm happy if you're happy." He backed up and looked into my eyes, and then he knew I was happy with Draco and the baby. I could tell he accepted it. "I will do everything in my power to make sure nothing happens to you both." And by that he meant me and the baby.

When he stood in front of Draco, I could just feel the tension between them. I could feel the slight jealousy of Draco wanting to be the only man to protect me, and then forcing that jealousy down so I wouldn't know and he wouldn't mess anything up with my so called 'family' in front of us. And then Harry held out his hand in front of Draco, and Draco took it, shaking hands with him. It was the most awkward yet amazing moment I've seen out of them. I was thankful because maybe this finally meant forgiveness. "I guess you're part of the family now." Mrs. Weasley said, smiling along with everyone else.