Closer

Paisley

I knew how I felt about Draco, but I don't know if he feels the same. Since that day when I was in the library, I couldn't get my mind off him. By now, Neville found the Room of Requirement and we have had two meetings. One where we planned what we were going to do and the other to practice the spell, Expelliarmus. Today would be our third meeting and it was the beginning of November now.

Every night for the past week, Draco and I have been going to the Astronomy Tower. We normally just talked, but it was really nice to get to know him more. Even though we had those moments, I still feel like I don't know as much about him as he knows me. When I went to the DA meetings, Draco got suspicious.

I had to make up excuses so that he wouldn't go looking for where I was. Today my excuse was, 'I'm going to study with Luna in her dorm.' That way he if he tried to look for me, he wouldn't be able to get in the Ravenclaw Common Room because that's where I told him I was going. I went off in the direction of the Room of Requirement, making sure that no one was following me. I stopped in front of where the door usually appears and paced back and forth in front of it two times, thinking about where I wanted to go. Soon enough, a door appeared and I slipped inside the room to see that most people were already there.

"Alright, can everyone form a line. We will be practicing Expelliarmus more today." Harry said as we all formed a line. I watched as Harry stepped up to the front of the line and demonstrated again for all of us. I really did think he was a good teacher. The first ones up in line were Colin, Katie, Parvati, Neville, and then me followed by everyone else. Everyone successfully did the disarming charm until it came to Neville. I could tell he was nervous and didn't have much confidence in himself.

"You'll get it Neville. It's different for everyone." I said as he gave up and moved to the back of the line. I was trying to be my nicest around everyone here because some still didn't trust me because I'm a Slytherin. I walked up and it was my turn to try out the spell now. I couldn't get it yesterday, but I could tell I was close. I knew everyone in the room was looking at me, but I took a deep breath and pointed out my wand. "Expelliarmus!" I said clearly while making sure to do the right hand movement. A scarlet-colored light came out of my wand and the fake opponent's wand flew out of its hand.

"Well done Paisley." Harry said as I walked away satisfied that I had done my first ever disarming charm. By the end of the lesson almost all of us had done the charm. After we snuck out of the Room of Requirement unseen, we went back to our common rooms for the night.

When I got back to the common room, I saw Daphne and Miles looking unusually close together. I had been constantly asking her if there was anything between the two of them and she always said no. I was about to go sit down by them when I see them kiss. At this moment I felt betrayed. We always told each other everything and had gotten so close the past few months. She was really starting to be my best friend and she was lying to me this whole time. I walked up to her and I could tell she realized I just saw everything. "Paisley, let me explain." She said as she stood up to face me.

"Explain what? You've been lying to me for how long now?!" I asked.

She hesitated before saying, "since before the first Hogsmeade trip."

At this moment everything made sense. "So when you left me alone when we were going to leave, you were going to see him. Do you know what might've happened if Draco hadn't been there?! And you left early when I was in the hospital to hang out with him! I asked you so many times me you denied it! Even at the party Draco said you left and it was all because you were going to see Miles! I needed you Daphne and you weren't there! All this time you could've told me, but you constantly lied! Why?!" She stood there and didn't say anything.