Skipping Class

Paisley

Spring break was like a dream, except for the whole death eater meeting thing. I didn't want it to end because I had learned more about Draco in the past week than ever, and I wanted more. We got back in the swing of things. He would kiss me again and I wouldn't flinch when he touched me. It all felt amazing; like he was the only thing on my mind.

Coming back to Hogwarts today meant that all my worries would return. We would also be studying like crazy for the OWL's because those are coming up too. I just wanted the time with Draco to last longer.

When I took my trunk through the common room for the first time since before spring break, I immediately felt less relaxed. Daphne, Pansy, and I went up to our dorm and started unpacking. "So, how was spending all spring break with Draco?" Pansy asked.

"It was actually really great. It kind of makes me not want to be here right now." I said as I unpacked some clothes. "I mean there was no distractions."

"You mean that you didn't have to worry about Adrian." Daphne said.

"Well...yeah. And now I'm just scared again like I was a week ago. I mean, I don't ever want to get a...well...you know what, again." By that I meant having a panic attack. I just remember feeling like I was re-living those moments. I was scared and overwhelmed and I felt hopeless.

"Yeah, we know." Daphne said.

I sat down on my bed. "Part of why I get them is I think because it was just all too much for me to handle. For 15 years there was nothing going on in my life and then all the sudden these things were happening to me."

Daphne came and sat beside me. "Yeah, that makes sense."

"And I can't talk to my dad or any of the Gryffindor's. I've lied so many times to my dad that I feel guilty now." I said. Pansy came and sat on the other side of me.

"This is the most you've said to us in a while." Pansy said.

"Yeah I know. I've talked to Draco about it but it seems like I need to talk to other people too, you know?" I said. I fiddled with the ring Draco gave me.

"Yeah, we get it." Daphne said.

"Spill it all out Paze." Pansy said, making me laugh a bit.

"Well I know you guys don't like the Gryffindor's, but they are good to me. Hermione and Ginny have been my friends since I came here. It just sucks that I can't talk to them or tell them about Draco and I. Fred and George have also tried to get me to tell them things because they can tell when I'm hurting, but I know what would happen if I told them. All I can talk to are you guys and Draco now, so when I'm not with any of you, I can barely hold all this stuff in."

"Wow, you do have a lot going on. Well if you got more, keep going. It's good to talk it out. Girls in Slytherin support each other, and I may have not done that in the beginning, but here I am." Pansy explained.

"Well I was getting to that, because at first I wanted to be in Gryffindor. I thought you all, no offense, we're really rude. But let me say, I'm very happy with the people I'm with, well, most of them." I said.

"We'll always have your back Paisley. No one really understands Slytherin's unless you're one of them. I don't know about you telling your dad or the Gryffindor's. You'll have to figure that out on your own, but we are always here. You don't have to hold it in anymore." Daphne said.

All the sudden the door to our room opened. Blaise, Miles, and Draco all walked in. They were all wearing suits, but it was a school day. "Woh, looks like we interrupted an intense conversation guys." Miles said as they all leaned against the wall facing us.