F*ck This

Paisley

"Draco, I know you had something do do with this. I know that you're one of the reasons Ron was poisoned and is in the Hospital Wing! Just tell me what you did!" I shouted at Draco in his room after visiting Ron for the first time.

"I - I'm sorry." That's all he said.

"So you did have something to do with it?" He looked away, and I just knew. "Why him? Out of everyone, why did you poison Ron?!"

"It wasn't supposed to happen! Just like Katie Bell, neither of them were supposed to get hurt! No one was supposed to get hurt!" He yelled.

"This...everything that you're doing...I don't see how any of it could be related to that cabinet and the death eaters! I know that there's something else going on. Tell me, please...or we're just going to keep fighting! We're going to go back to how we used to be. People are just going to keep getting hurt!" I said, getting angrier by the second.

"It's bad, Paisley! It's really bad." He said, sounding more sad this time.

"So there is something else?" I asked, trying to be calmer. I think he responds better to that. "I understand that I can't tell anyone and I understand that it's bad and that you have to do this thing, but what is it? You've already told me about the cabinet, so why is this so hard?"

He looked down and sat on the side of his bed with his elbows on his knees and his hands on the back of his neck. He was stressed, and I felt bad, but he poisoned one of my best friends. I'm very confused, as I always was with whatever was going on in his world.

"You will be killed, my father will be killed, my mother will be killed, and I will be killed if I don't do this. You know that the dark lord is after someone." He said.

"Yes, I know." I said, remembering what he told me the first time he took me to the Room of Requirement.

"He wants me to...to end this person. That's what I have to do." Draco said, like it was the hardest thing for him to say.

"You have to kill someone?" I asked. He slowly nodded. I was completely shocked. My boyfriend is going to be a murder. My Draco has to kill someone. "But who is it?"

It's like he completely ignored my question. "I've been trying to find other ways to kill this person, but both times, my plans have failed. Katie touched the necklace and Ron drank the poison. Both were supposed to go to someone else."

Things started to add up. "Who is it, Draco? Who has you-know-who ordered you to kill?" I asked more clearly.

He refused to look at my face. "Dumbledore."

I looked at him with my eyes wide and my mouth open, not knowing what to say. Draco has to kill Dumbledore; the headmaster of Hogwarts and one of the most powerful wizards.

This is it, he finally told me what he's been holding in for months. This is the thing that causes his nightmares, the bomb that goes off inside him, the thing that eats at him and causes sadness and anger and sickness. This it it. I finally know, yet I feel worse.

Why Draco? Why did he have to be a Malfoy? Why did his parents have to be involved with death eaters so that he has to be? Why doesn't he get a choice? Why make a 16-year old boy kill a man? Why threaten to kill everyone he loves if he doesn't do this? Why him?

I can't tell anyone about this. I can't warn Dumbledore. If I warned Dumbledore, then he would get away and Lord Voldemort would find out someone told him. We would both be killed if I told anyone. We would both be killed either way if anything goes wrong or doesn't go according to Voldemort's plans.