Saying Sorry

Paisley

As of now, I'm letting the thing with Astoria go a little. Maybe I was overreacting, but I don't think I was. And even though I don't think I was, I figured Draco got enough sass and anger from me the past few days. Somehow after Snape's lesson and my visit with Luna, I really forgot about it all for a while.

As I'm on my way to visit Luna for the second time, Draco is going to the library to study with Astoria. We both agreed they shouldn't study in his room anymore.

The moment visiting hours were going to start, I would be ready to go into the Hospital Wing with flowers in my hands. "Are you sure you don't want me to come in with you?" Draco asked, as he insisted on walking me here and waiting until I could go in.

"I'm sure I'll be fine." I said as I gave him a little smile.

The doors were then slowly pushed open by Madam Pomfrey. "Wow, up bright an early today?"

"Yeah. Can I visit Luna?" I asked.

"Well, it's your lucky day because she woke up from the spell this morning. Turns out it was just a mild case of sleeping draught, but you can just never tell these days." She said. I gave her an impatient look. "Yes, you can see her. But she doesn't feel the best; just a fair warning."

"Great!" I said before I gave Draco a quick kiss and sprinted into the Hospital Wing to find her.

When I moved past the right curtain around, I saw her sitting up on her bed. There was an uneaten plate of breakfast food on the bedside table along with a cup that had a weird-looking liquid. Luna's eyes lit up as soon as she saw me. "Paisley!" She said.

Her eyes looked tired even though she had been under a sleeping spell for days. Her face was as white as a ghost and she didn't look very good at all. It was weird seeing her like this.

"Hey, Luna. I'm so happy you're up!" I said as I set the flowers down, trying not to be too loud even though I was very excited to see her.

I sat down on the bed next to her legs and faced her. "Luna, I'm sorry I wasn't there. Ginny and Neville-"

"I don't care what they're saying at the moment. I don't blame you and neither should you. You'd be in the bed next to me if you were in the forest with me, so I'm glad you weren't there." She said.

I didn't say anything. "I know I walked away too after you told us Snape was only giving the three of us punishments, but I shouldn't have. Neville and Ginny, if they're still mad, it's not about you. We failed at getting the sword and we got punished. Then I ended up here. They're just angry at the situation. There's lots of things going on."

I still just sat there, not speaking. Was I supposed to say that I understood why they acted the way they did? I had never seen any of them that angry before.

"Paisley, do you know why we wanted to steal the sword?" She asked.

"No, I don't. None of you told me. Only that you wanted me to help." I said.

Luna sighed. "It's because that's the sword of Gryffindor, and it doesn't belong to a Slytherin like Snape. It belongs to-"

"Harry." I said.