Stargazing

Paisley

When I came to Hogwarts I never in a million years would've expected to fall for a boy like Draco Malfoy, but here I am. Let me put it this way, when I first met him I thought he was an arrogant, selfish person incapable of having feelings or any emotion at all. By now I've gotten to know the real Draco, the side of him he normally never let anyone see. He wasn't arrogant or selfish with me. Instead he was genuine and almost kind.

As for Daphne, we continued to avoid each other in any ways possible. It may not seem like a big deal to people who don't know the whole story, but it was to me. It was very lonely not getting her to talk to every night, but now I had Draco. I still missed having her around though.

Today I was on my way to another one of the DA meetings. That meant that I had to lie to Draco again, and I felt guilt every time. I got to the Room of Requirement early today, so I decided to go and chat with Luna for a bit. After all, she was the only other person who knew about Draco and wasn't judgmental about it. Her and I have talked a few times,
and every time I noticed how carefree and understanding she was. "Hi Luna." I said when she turned to look at me.

"Hello Paisley. How are you doing? You look a little troubled." She said in a kind way.

"I'm okay I guess. I have a lot going on right now." I said, and I really did have a lot going on. I was obviously still sad about Daphne, a little confused about Draco and I, and still unsure of how Harry and Ron thought about me being involved with the DA given my current situation.

"Are you still hanging around Draco?" She asked calmly. It seemed like she really cared. I trusted her with this secret and I believe her when she says she won't tell anyone.

"Yeah. He's not as bad as everyone thinks." I responded.

"That's good for you Paisley. As for me, I lost one of my shoes last night. I suspect nargles are behind it." She believed what she wanted and didn't give a care in the world that people thought she might be a bit different. I admired her for that. I think we could all use a bit more Luna in our lives. I wish I could be more like her and not care what Harry, Ron, and Hermione thought about Draco and I. But it wasn't just that. Draco's parents are death eaters, but I didn't want to believe it before. The truth is that my dad is a part of the Order and didn't want me being involved with death eaters. Everyone associated death eaters with pure evil, but the Draco I know doesn't seem evil at all. But if Draco's parents are involved with Lord Voldemort, so was he, and that thought made my stomach turn.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron walked in and they started today's lesson. "We will be going to learn the stunning spell today. This is necessary for a witch or wizard in battles and is normally people's go-to when dueling." Harry explained. Shortly after, he had us all practice the hand movements for the spell, 'Stupefy'. Soon enough, we were practicing on each other. It was tricky at first but then the majority of us could produce a small spell which wasn't very powerful yet, but with more practice it would become better.

These DA meetings have been somewhat fun, sneaking around and going against Umbridge by forming our own group. It was all quite enjoyable, but we knew that the Inquisitorial Squad was catching onto us. They were getting suspicious, but none of us ever said anything about the DA. We knew the consequences we would have if Umbridge found out about us.

As for Defense Against the Dark Arts, it was just as bad a before. The lessons we did in class were useless, so I was glad I had the DA to learn everything. Umbridge was sending more kids to detention every day, and by now, we all had scars on our hands. It was unbelievable that she got away with that type of punishment, but she worked for the Ministry so she could do whatever she wanted and get away with it.