Semi-Normal

Paisley

Since I finally know what's been going on with Draco, I feel closer to him. All I wanted to do was spend more time with him, but I already agreed to go to Hogsmeade with Harry, Hermione, and Ron. "Are you sure you don't want to come with me to Hogsmeade? I don't think they would mind." I asked Draco in his room as I was getting ready to leave.

"They would most definitely mind. You're going, and I have things to do anyway." He was looking through his drawers for something as I stood near him with my arms crossed. I didn't bother asking what his 'thing' was, because it's probably got something to do with his task. "Found it."

He turned to me and in his hand was a black knitted hat with the letter, 'M'. It was the same hat that I wore a year ago when we went to Hogsmeade together. I was cold, and he realized so he put it on. "That's-" I started to say.

"Yeah, it is." He interrupted. We both smiled.

He put the hat on my head and situated it so that the 'M' was in front. "I can't believe it's been a year from then. It - it seems like so long ago. We were so-" I said.

"So naive." He said, still slightly smiling.

"Yeah well, we had absolutely no idea what we were getting ourselves into." I said. "And it's not that cold out."

"Well I've heard that before and you always get cold." He leaned in and gave me a small kiss on the nose. I missed when he gave me those. It brought me back to last year yet again. There are so many memories.

"Fine." I said. "I guess I have to go now. I don't want to keep them waiting."

Even though he was acting like everything was fine, I could tell in those silver eyes of his that something was off. "Okay, bye darling. Stay safe." He said as I left his room.

At first it was almost like he was a bit hesitant of me going to Hogsmeade without him, and I think it was because of what happened the first time I visited Hogsmeade last year with Adrian. Now, Draco's okay with it.

The past few nights he had done a lot of crying and he continued to get nightmares. I was always able to calm him down, but each time I got a little more worried about what you-know-who is having Draco do. I think me knowing that he's a death eater helps with everything because he doesn't have to keep as many secrets from me anymore, except of course, whatever his task is.

Last year we were so happy, other than the Adrian thing. With everything going on right now, this year it's much harder to find that happiness. Those few moments like this morning where we both felt like that were rare, so I cherished it.

I arrived at the entrance to the school and found the three of them waiting for me. They all took notice of my hat, but decided not to say anything in fear of things getting awkward. "Ready to go?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, let's go." I said. They agreed and so we walked out. The cold air bit at my cheeks as falling snow hit my face. I was immediately colder, but I was glad that he made me dress warmer. "So, what's been going on with you guys?" I asked.

Ron and Hermione gave Harry a weird look. "Did Harry tell you about his book?" Hermione asked.

I cocked my head. What could be so special about a book? "No. What book?"

"Will you guys give it a rest already?" Harry looked annoyed as we continued walking.

"Actually, no, because-" Hermione started to say.

"Because you are going to get an A in Potions! Your better than Hermione." Ron interrupted.

Hermione was now annoyed too. She was always amazing at everything, so saying that Harry was better was completely outrageous. "Nobody's better than Hermione." I stated. Hermione smiled at me.