Quidditch

Paisley

Daphne was shaking me awake. "Come on sleepy head you have a game today." I was definitely not a morning person like she was. I groaned as I dragged myself out of my comfortable bed and started to get ready. All I can think to myself is, I'm so relieved it's Friday. Only one more day of work, one more day of class, and one more day of dealing with Draco. He was just quiet all the time and never said a word to me after that night. He didn't even make any rude, snarky comments, he just did nothing. It was almost more annoying.

Once I finished getting ready, Daphne and I headed to breakfast in the Great Hall. The past few days I do admit, I tried to avoid Draco. I say as far away from him as I can because I couldn't resist him. I often found myself staring at him without even knowing it. I can't resist him yet I'm annoyed by him; I might be losing my mind. Today, we were a bit late to breakfast, and the only open seats were across Draco and Miles.

Daphne gave me a look before we took our seats across from the two of them. I told her about what happened and I trust her with it. Although she doesn't understand the reason why I did it, she was still there for me. If I kept all that in my head I might as well just explode. That's why I'm so lucky to have her...but I just wish I could tell her the whole story. That's too risky. If any information about The Order of the Phoenix ever got out, I don't know what would happen.

When we sat down, Draco didn't look up at me. But what did I expect? I noticed that he had dark circles under his eyes...he hadn't been sleeping? I grabbed my plate and shoveled a bit of food onto it as Daphne did the same. "So Paisley, you ready for the game tonight?" I looked up to see Miles looking at me. He and I have never really talked, but he seemed nice.

"Umm...yeah. I'm nervous, but ready." I gave him a reassuring smile before starting to eat. Daphne smiled at Miles too. Draco still was as silent as a mouse.

When I got to Potions, I had no choice but to sit next to Draco. He was my partner and Snape definitely wouldn't let us switch even if I wanted to. When I sat down, Snape announced what our first big assignment would be. "Following the pages in your textbooks, you and your partner will be brewing a Polyjuice Potion starting next week. This will be on your O.W.L's. Today we will read about the potion in our textbooks to prepare. Take out your books and turn to page 137." I glanced at Draco to see that he was looking at me. We turned away, took out our books, and turned to the page. I don't know what he thinks, but that small glance just made me more confused.

When I went to Defense Against the Dark Arts, Umbridge was her usual self. Nothing new there. The only thing keeping me going through this day is the fact that I'm going to get to play my first Quidditch game.

✩︎✩︎✩︎

It was dinner time and I had my Quidditch uniform on. I didn't feel like eating, but Daphne made me. Once dinner was over, all the Slytherin and Ravenclaw players headed to the stadium to prepare. I was getting more and more nervous as the time was moving forward towards 6:45 when the match would begin. I looked at the clock when I got to the Quidditch Changing Rooms and it was already 6:30.

As our team gathered, I was completely zoning out. All I could focus on was the blurred rummaging and chatter of what I am assuming is a very large crowd coming to watch the first game of the season. All I heard from Adrian (our team captain) was, "we have to win. Don't mess up or you will do extra in practice next week." And he didn't say that in a nice way, which made me even more worked up than I already was. When I read, 'Everything to Know About Quidditch', I noticed how dangerous this sport can be. So many players have been injured, and and even killed. But that was a long time ago, right?

We lined up at the door to the field and I stood next to Draco, but not intentionally. This was it. My first ever game, and I was beyond nervous now. My breathing started to speed up as my palms were getting sweaty. I started to get a little nauseous...and dizzy. I felt a large hand grab mine gently. It was Draco, and he must've noticed how I was feeling. I looked down at our hands which were intertwined together and then looked back up at him. It calmed me, and I think he knew that too. His touch gave me a sense of comfort, safety, and warmth. Why did I feel this way? And bloody bell, did he look good in that Quidditch uniform.