Draught of Peace

Paisley

"Do you want me to come in?" Draco asked as we were in front of Dumbledore's office with the Weasley's waiting inside. He had my small hands in his.

I nervously bit my lip. "No, they'll just get more angry. But you can stay here...until I come out?"

"Sure." He said with uncertainty in his voice. I hadn't been without him since before the panic attack, so maybe he was worried that I would have another one if he wasn't there? Maybe I depend on him too much. I should be okay on my own, because I was always alone before I came here. Now I have to spend nearly every night in his dorm or I'll feel lonely, and more recently, depressed. I guess it was Dumbledore's orders for Draco to not let his eyes off me.

I truly felt like this was my breaking point. Earlier in the year, that breaking point might have been when I got injured from Quidditch, or Umbridge's detentions that caused cuts on my hands, or almost losing by best friend over something stupid, or Quidditch being canceled, or getting raped by Adrian. Through all the chaos of this year, none of those things were my true breaking point; losing the only family I had was.

Nothing could have prepared me for what happened yesterday and I never expected things to go downhill so fast. It's true that there were some very good things that happened this year, but I can't believe that I was truly excited about all of this. I should've never walked in on that meeting at the end of the summer. I could have avoided all this trauma.

I keep thinking about how if I didn't come to Hogwarts, then I could have spent almost another year with my dad. But would I have been willing to go through the loneliness again? How would I feel if I knew another year when by that people my age were enjoying school? Do I wish I should have stayed at home instead of coming here? Yes? I don't know...but none of that matters now. I can't change the past, but I can't try to look forward.

The only future I see is dark, and my father will never be a part of it.

I slowly stepped into Dumbledore's office to see nearly every Weasley waiting. There were a total of nine of them including some of whom I haven't even met before. Eight of them had come, and I think Percy was the one who didn't. I guess it makes sense why they're late. I think I'm going to be part of their family now since Molly and Arthur are my grandparents, but everything from last night was a big blur so I don't remember exactly what Dumbledore said.

I was overwhelmed with everyone coming up to me and saying how sorry they were. Molly immediately walked up first and brought me into a warm, motherly hug, and we stayed like that for a while. "Your father was an amazing person. He would've wanted you to come to a good home, because you know, he loved you so very much." She held my face in her hands and we both started to cry. "You've been through so much this year, darling, and I'm so, so sorry. I never would've imagined something like this to happen, but you are going to always have a home with us." It was very comforting to hear her tell me these things.

After Molly said her sorry's, everyone took turns giving me hugs and saying all sorts of things. The Weasley's were big huggers, but the people who hugged me the longest were Fred and George.

George hugged me first. "I don't want you to think you can't talk to us, because you can. It took a lot of convincing to get things out of you last time, but we always knew there was something else going on." He continued to hug me tighter. "I realize now that we should never have told you where your broom was."

Fred went next. "After Adrian...this is a lot to handle. If you ever need anything, please come to us. We know more than the rest of them do." Fred said as he pulled me in tighter and I cried harder. "After all, you're going to be living with us, so you can always come and talk. We will always listen to you." After a few long moments, we stopped hugging.