Study Date

Draco

The day before the OWL exams, everyone seemed on edge. We were all studying constantly and cramming things into are heads so we could get exceptional grades. These exams held a lot of importance to our future in the wizarding world. I, out of everyone, had been studying the most. I've always felt that academic achievement was very important, therefore I would do anything to do well.

We filled our brains with spells, potions, charms, and anything else that could possibly come up. It felt as if that's all any of us could think about, that our minds were consumed by the stress and anxiety that came with testing. Of course I would never let anyone truly know how overworked I was feeling, except for her.

Snape may see her as a weakness to me, but I could never see it that way. Paisley had gotten though to me in the deepest ways and I let her in. I thought I would never find someone who I could be utterly venerable with. She saw that goodness in me and reached for it until she had it in her grasp. She wasn't going to let me go easy. I guess I'm bringing all this up because I got very worked up about the OWL's, and she kept me calm.

Ever since she told me about her real identity, it's crossed my mind that she shouldn't be with me because of the danger I put her in. I would try and push her away every once and a while by trying to tell her all the bad things I've done throughout the years. Her response was just to ignore it.

Despite the OWL exams, Paisley had gotten increasingly happier each day since her little revenge on Adrian. He had finally decided to leave her alone and didn't dare to even look at her anymore. She was relieved, but I was too; maybe even more than she was.

With Adrian leaving her alone now, the panic attacks left. I hated to see her shaking uncontrollably and barely being able to breath. Sometimes I was worried that if she hyperventilated so much, she would pass out and not wake up.

She also continued to spend every night in my dorm. We became dependent on each other, but it was very obvious that we both slept better together. Paisley would tell be about the nightmares she used to get when she first found out about all the secrets about her family and than when she first came to Hogwarts. She explained how the information was sprung on her; that it was all too much too fast.

Today was a Sunday, and also the last day of freedom before the exams pile onto us. It was the last day we were able to get studying in so I asked Paisley to come to my dorm in the evening so we could make sure we had everything down.

She walked into my room and gave me a sincere smile. "Draco, you know everything. I don't think you could possibly practice any more." She came and sat down on the bed near me and opened up her bag.

"I just wanted to make sure that I know it all for sure." I watched as she unpacked books and  previous essays for different classes.

"You do know it all." She sighed. "But I guess if it makes you feel better, it's fine."

I have her a small kiss on her ear as she pulled out work for Charms and asked me questions. The OWL exams for Charms was tomorrow and the rest would follow that. "What is the incantation for the Severing Charm?"

"Diffindo." I answered quickly.

She nodded. "For the Summoning Charm?"

"Accio." That one was easy.

She asked be about five more questions before she set the papers down rather aggressively. "What are you-" she didn't give me time to ask before she kissed me.

She backed away and smirked. "Maybe this will ease some of that stress of yours." I did not expect this from her, but I definitely didn't mind.

I kissed her back with just as much longing as she did. Our lips moved in sync as I turned her on her back and climbed on top of her, not breaking her kiss. She pushed her lips hard onto mine as she grabbed my waist and pulled me so there was no space.