Leaving

Draco

I woke up the next morning and Paisley was still asleep. Lately I haven't been sleeping well either, but knowing that she had Draught of Peace in her system made me feel better.

I looked down at Paisley and brushed my thumb against the side of her cheek. I always liked to watch her sleep. I watched as she breathed steadily, making her chest lightly inflate and deflate.

I tried not to remind myself that she's leaving this morning and I'm not going to see her for a while. Part of it is me being worried that she'll have more panic attacks or hurt herself because she's so overwhelmed and sad.

All the sudden I heard the doors to the Hospital Wing open, so I carefully got out of bed, trying my hardest to keep her comfortable and not wake her. I covered her up with the covers more as I heard people come up to me and turned around to see the twins. "H-how is she doing?" Fred or George asked. Honestly I can never tell the difference.

"She's good. Madam Pomfrey gave her Draught of Peace." It was really awkward talking to them directly, saying that I've always been so rude to them and their family.

They both looked really nervous. Almost as much as I am. "He's really taken care of her." The three of us turned and Madam Pomfrey was walking towards Paisley's hospital bed. "I'm going to run a diagnosis over her to see if I can tell when the potion will ware off. It's better to know when, because she'll feel very sad and overwhelmed. Everything will come back to her all at once."

The twins and I looked anxiously at one another as Madam Pomfrey ran the diagnosis on Paisley while she was still asleep. She finished the diagnosis and seemed like she was thinking. "What is it?" One of the twins asked.

"Well it seems like the potion will ware off within the hour. Normally Draught of Peace lasts at least a full twenty-four hours." She paused. "Has there been more going on than her father's death? Three panic attacks is a little excessive."

The three of us looked at each other nervously and then back at Paisley. I wondered if Paisley told the twins about what happened with Adrian because they seemed to know as much as I did. "I'm assuming that's a yes." Madam Pomfrey sighed. "It's not my place to ask what's been going on, but you three are probably the most important people to her. I've seen it."

She walked over to us. "I will send more potions home with Molly and Arthur. You two are instructed to only give one to her if she has another panic attack or is close to one. She may beg for more because getting to have that pain taken away can be addictive. I will also inform Molly and Arthur about this, but I think you two should know since she seems to be closest to you."

We all turned to see Paisley slowly shift and her eyes started to flutter open. We were all looking worriedly at her as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and realized we were all looking at her. All of us has the slightest suspicion that her potion would be worn off when she woke up because of what Madam Pomfrey said. I walked over and knelt down beside her bed. "How do you feel, darling?" I asked.

She smiled, and I knew the potion hadn't worn off yet. "I'm okay." She sat up, turned, and hung her legs off the side of the bed facing us. I sat down next to her. "What's going on?" She asked after looking at the expressions on our faces.

I held her hand. "Paisley, the potion is going to ware off soon. Like, within the next hour." I said.

"Oh...okay." She said as she looked down at her feet. "Well we better make use of it then." She looked up at me and smirked.

Fred and George glanced at each other before one of them said, "well, we will come in a while and we'll bring mum and dad." The two of them hurried out of the room before Madam Pomfrey also walked back to her office.