Reuniting

Draco

Today is the day I get to see Paisley. After many months of worrying about how she's doing and trying to find time think, I'm going to be with her again. That's all I want.

I've been anticipating and dreading this day at the same time. I'll get to see Paisley, but I'll also have to start my task for the dark lord. I'm not looking forward to that or going to Hogwarts in general. The only thing keeping me going is her.

I want to hold her in my arms and make her feel safe again. Adrian's going to be gone and Umbridge is no longer taking over the school. The only obstacle for us is my task.

I'm not allowed to tell anyone that I'm a death eater or about my assignment and my involvement with the dark lord, but I know I'll have to tell Paisley eventually. She always knows when I'm hiding something from her, and she always gets me to tell her. She just knows me too well.

If I tell her that I'm a death eater, then she'll most like be angry with me that I let this happen, but I had no choice. She's going to hate me though.

The more I weigh the pros and cons of telling her, the more I realize it's not a good idea. She's involved with the order and might tell them, she'll feel overwhelmed, she might take all the weight of this task onto herself, and many more reasons. It just comes down to the conclusion that I might not be able to keep this to myself and I'll be constantly lying.

I don't know what to do. I haven't gotten much sleep at all this summer so I don't think I'm thinking very clearly. I just need to see her and everything will feel better, right?

Before leaving the manor, I made sure to take the ring I bought her in Diagon Alley. I think she'll love it.

The moment I arrived at platform 9 3/4, I already had my eye out for her. The Weasley's tended to be late, but I hope they're not this time. I loaded my trunk on the train and leaned against a stone wall on the platform with my hands in my pockets, waiting for Paisley to come. I found myself getting more anxious about if she'll make it on time for me to see her before we get on the train.

I looked to my left and saw her. It felt as if light had filled up my heart to make all the sadness disappear just by the sight of her. I smiled as my eyes watered up with tears of joy.

I took my hands out of my pockets and started to walk towards her as she made eye contact with me. She dropped her trunk, set down a plant she was holding, and started running towards me as fast as her legs could take her.

She jumped into my arms and wrapped her legs tightly around my waist. We hugged each other as if it was the last hug we would ever get. She started to cry into my neck as she hugged me tighter. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the Weasley's and Harry and Hermione walk past us and into the train.

I didn't care about anyone but her. I cared about her more than I cared about myself, and that was the truth. It's like even though she may be sad, it still feels like she radiates goodness. She makes me feel like I'll be okay.

She got back down from me but kept her arms wrapped around me as she kissed me passionately. "I - I missed you so much Draco." She said through her tears after our lips drifted away.

I held her face in my hands. "I missed you too." I think this was the first time I truly smiled in the past few months. I felt like I couldn't breathe until I saw her. "How are you doing?"

"I'm okay, I guess." She said, looking up at me with her beautiful eyes. Oh how I missed looking into them. I took her appearance in.

"Have you had any panic attacks? Have you eaten lately?" The questions came with concern in my voice. She appeared to be a bit thinner than the last time I saw her, and I couldn't stop myself from asking questions.