More Dreams

Draco

I pace back and forth in front of the wall where the door to the Room of Requirement is going to appear. I think of what I want...vanishing cabinet...vanishing cabinet...vanishing cabinet. I walk to the left and right twice until the wall starts to change and form into large double-doors.

I looked around to make sure that no one was following me before going in and shutting the doors behind me, letting them transfer back into a stone wall.

I've still managed to keep this from Paisley even though it's been almost a month since coming back. We've had a lot of Potions work, including trying to brew Draught of Living Death. The person who successfully did it won Liquid Luck. I thought that if I won, I could get some luck to improve the cabinet for once, but of course the one who got it was Potter. What the hell would he need that for? Paisley was confused to why I wanted it so bad, but I didn't tell her. I couldn't tell her.

I could really use that Liquid Luck right now. I tried to mend the cabinet almost every night and nothing's ever worked. I tried testing it with an apple the first night I came to the Room of Requirement and the results weren't what I wanted. Maybe it'll work once I try and fix it more. I just have to keep trying.

Everything is depending on me. The lives of the people I love are in jeopardy. Voldemort ordered me to do this, so I have to. If I fail, everyone comes crashing down. Voldemort will kill Paisley instead of recruiting her. I don't want to think about how everything's on me, but that's all I'm thinking about.

My parents, me, Paisley; Voldemort could kill them all. He's ruthless and will do anything to get closer to winning this war, even if it includes threatening the lives of other people to make me do something for him.

I worked on the Vanishing Cabinet for hours, doing different spells the dark lord and other death eaters had taught me. By the end, I was exhausted and overwhelmed. Even though I tried so hard, it felt as if I made no progress at all.

I tried rubbing my eyes to stay awake as I walked back to the common room. It was the middle of the night, so the darkness swept through the eerie corridors.

✩︎✩︎✩︎

I see him...Lord Voldemort sanding beside me looking down with no expression. I look down and she her. She's laying face-up on the ground whimpering in pain.

Her face was covered in blood dripping from deep gashes along her cheeks. She isn't able to move because it appears that her right leg is broken. The rings I gave her are covered in blood. She's coughing up blood onto her chest. Blood...everywhere.

A death eater stumbles into the room and throws my mother to the ground beside Paisley. She looks in just as much pain.

Paisley and my mother look at each other as they grip each other's hands on the ground. Something tells me that the two of them were tortured.

I look at them in horror. "See what happens when you fail me, Draco." I hear the he dark lord's voice in my ear. I'm frozen. He moves behind the two of them on the ground and looks at me. "This is what I have to do when you have a venerability. Now, kill them."

"No, please don't make me." I quietly stated after hesitation.

"If you do not do this, I will make you!" I didn't respond. "If that's how you want it then. Imperio."

I lost total control as the curse invaded my body. Voldemort was in control of me now. He moved his wand slightly and concentrated, causing me to take a step forward. I tried to fight it, but my muscles were moving with his control, therefore I could do nothing.