Green Hair

Paisley

I woke up on the couch in the burrow, and I was relieved that this was actually real and not some dream. I'm really here, and I'm safe. Draco wants me to be safe, that's all he wants.

I look around and see that Fred, George, Ginny, and Ron were all asleep on the floor close to the couch. They stayed here all night just to make sure I was okay.

I see Molly in the kitchen starting to make breakfast while talking to Arthur who has the Daily Prophet in his hands. I make the decision to go over by them while everyone else is still asleep, so I get up, step over Fred and George carefully, and make my way over.

Molly and Arthur noticed I came in and they both walked over. Molly hugged me straight away. "Oh how we all missed you." She said quietly.

We stopped hugging. "Here we're supposed to be watching over you and this happens." She started to cry. "I feel like...such a bad person. I should've been watching over you more, I mean, with all the danger you're in. I'm just so sorry this happened to you. I'm so sorry, Paisley."

"You have nothing to be sorry for." I said. Molly gave me a sincere look. "I think - I think I have some explaining to do."

Arthur put a hand on my shoulder. "Maybe you should sit down." He said.

"Yes I think that's a good idea." Molly added.

So we all sat down at the table; me across from the two of them. I wasn't sure how to begin. Maybe the night I was taken? Either way, I owe them an explanation. "So, the night Dumbledore died, Draco had locked me in - in Snape's office because he wanted to keep me safe. And I didn't listen." I paused, looking down an my hands as I fiddled with my rings.

"You don't have to talk about this now, dear. You can tell us another time if you're not ready." Molly said.

"No, I want to tell you. I just turned up last night and I know you've been so worried. You both should know, and I might as well start from the beginning." I said. They both smiled and nodded.

I continued to revisit that night. "So when I got out of the office, there was fighting everywhere. I wanted to find Draco because...I was worried about what was going to happen to him, so I made my way through the commotion. I - I remember fighting a bit."

"Yes you definitely fought. Did you know that you saved Ron, Ginny, Hermione, Tonks?" Arthur asked.

"Oh...no I didn't. So, I really saved them all?" I asked.

"Yes, you did. I don't know how you've gotten that skilled." He said.

I didn't even realize that I made that much of an impact. All I know is that Snape is to thank for it. He knew I had talent and he brought it out. "Oh Arthur, let her continue now." Molly said.

"Oh yeah." Arthur said. "Go on."

"Okay." I said. "So I made my way through the crowd and then someone...just grabbed me out of no where. I tried to get away but I couldn't. I was brought outside and then Draco and Snape came out followed by Harry. I know Harry saw me, but I was so confused why he didn't try to help. I was knocked out and woke up in - in the cellar of the Malfoy Manor."

I started to tear up, but I kept going. "When I woke up...um...Draco had to take me upstairs where they - they would brand me with the dark mark." I wanted to ease them into this. I didn't want them to think that I wasn't on their side when I still was. "They put the dark mark on me...but it wasn't real. It was fake."

I ignored their faces as I lifted up my sleeve and showed them. The mark was very faded, but still there. "I found out that Draco's mother...she protected me from the curse. I don't know how she did it, but she did."