No Control

Draco

Last night Paisley wouldn't sleep. I think she was a lot more worried about this whole thing than she was letting on, and she was trying to be strong for me. I fell asleep last night next to her when she was still awake, and this usually didn't happen. And then I woke up the next morning and she was awake, so I don't know if she slept or not. Throughout the day she seemed very tired but she tried to hide it. Her eyes kept fluttering closed.

We went on walks and read, like usual, all the way up to dinner time in which I brought her up a plate of food to my bedroom so she could eat there. Sometimes my father wanted me to come to the meetings and sometimes not, so I had no idea what to expect.

"It'll be okay Paisley." I said, and this time I was telling her that.

"I know. I'm the one who told you it was okay, and I'm not worried anyway." She said as I handed her a plate of food.

"Don't lie to me Paisley." I said. We were both worried about this, and that was the truth. She rolled her eyes at me and we heard the front doors open from downstairs. We heard the footsteps of probably twenty or more people coming into the house; their shoes were making noise on the marble floor. I looked over at Paisley who took a shaky breath in and then out. I couldn't really imagine how she felt. She was on the opposite side in all of this and no one knew she was here but me.

Paisley was about to say something when my mother came in the room looking anxious as usual. "Draco, they want you to join this one." I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to leave her.

I gave Paisley a kiss on the forehead. "Just stay quiet okay? And try to eat." I said to her before getting up to follow my mother.

"Again, I'm so sorry about this Paisley." My mum said before we left the room and closed the door. It felt like I was locking her up in there or something.

I followed my mother down the stairs to the drawing room and she didn't say anything about what was going on. I entered the drawing room to see Lord Voldemort and many other death eaters, including my father, around a long table in the middle of the room. I shoved my hands in the pockets of my blazer to try and stop them from shaking so much. Seeing the dark lord was always so chilling; his skin was a shade of pale blue, I could see the veins underneath his skin, his nose had slits for nostrils that resembled a snake, and he talked in a way that make me frightened. "Hello Draco. You may take a seat." He said, his voice giving me goosebumps.

I went over as everyone stared and sat down in the empty seat next to my father, across from my aunt, Bellatrix Lestrange. My mother sat down on the other side of me. I hated being anywhere near my father lately, but I don't have a choice this time. "As I was saying before, we need to get the prophecy from the Potter boy. He and I are connected and I am able to give him visions and thoughts of my own, so I will give him a vision of his godfather, Sirius Black. Lucius and Bellatrix are going to meet them in the Department of Mysteries. Do either of you know how you will retrieve that prophecy?" The dark lord said.

"We are going to tell him that if he gives us the prophecy, we will tell him what happened to his parents and why he is connected to you. Of course we won't actually tell him, but we are positive he will hand the prophecy over no problem." Bellatrix said in an exciting way as I was trying to control my anxiety. I was still shaking.

"And if he refuses to give it to you?" Voldemort added.

"Then when we will attack until he gives it to us, but there should be no need to because he will give it to us. Although, I wouldn't mind starting a fight with those filthy blood-traitors and mudbloods." My father said.

"Yes, well I think we would all enjoy to watch them all suffer." Voldemort said. All the death eaters either smiled or laughed at the thought of what they were planning for future events. In their view, Potter's life coming to an end will make the dark lord the most powerful wizard. Everyone would surrender and have to follow him.