Resolving Issues

Paisley

When Snape and I got back into the school and he lead me to his office, he didn't say anything. I was assuming that he was taking me there to give me a punishment, but when I got there, Draco was sitting in a chair across from Snape's desk. "What is this?" I asked annoyingly. Draco looked just as surprised as I was. I don't think he knew I was going to be here.

"I have just brought Miss Garcia back from a fight, although I was not intending to find her arguing after the match." Snape said to Draco.

"She was...what?!" Draco asked.

Snape completely ignored Draco's question of astonishment. "Miss Garcia, sit. Now."

I sat down in the empty seat next to Draco and Snape stood at his desk facing us. I could feel Draco's eyes on me. "I have noticed some changes in your...attitudes towards each other. If your relationship status has changed, we no longer need to create a plant to keep Miss Garcia from becoming a death eater. If your relationship is no longer going on, we can simply tell the dark lord the truth, that it has ended." Snape explained.

"So you think that we...what...broke up or something?" Draco asked.

"I would like you to discuss your positions and if you want to continue with the plan. If you wish to continue, I think you both shall resolve your...issues." Snape noticed we were acting differently?

He swiftly walked over to the entrance of his office and opened the door. "Professor...you can't just lock us in here." I said.

"Actually, yes I can. May I remind you that I am a professor and the head of your house." Snape said before leaving the room and locking the door behind him.

For a minute, we processed what Snape had said. If he thinks we broke up, we won't continue with the plan. He knows that we're still together, but he wants us to resolve our issues? What does that mean? Why is Snape involving himself with our relationship? His concern for us was so unfamiliar that it was just weird.

"You were in a fight?" Draco asked.

"Well...yes. But not like...a physical one." I said, not looking at him. I could tell he was still looking at me.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He asked. That was a dumb question.

"Do you think that fights have to be full of punching people or throwing spells?" I asked. "Do you even know the things people say about me? About you? Are you even aware, or are you just too focused on your task that you don't see how much I've been struggling."

"You're struggling?! Oh if only you knew!" He raised his voice.

"If I knew about your task? Well guess what, apparently you can't tell me; your girlfriend who you used to trust more than anyone else! Why don't you trust me anymore!" I raised my voice too.

"How am I supposed to trust you when you're the one keeping secrets from me?!" He asked.

"Are you blind?! Your the one not telling me things! I feel so distant from you!" I said.

"Well I guess I'm not blind, because I saw you and Harry in the Astronomy Tower together!" He yelled.

"What?" I asked. I was completely confused.