Astronomy Tower

Draco

Today is Tuesday, and the first day of quidditch practice. I don't know what to think about what happened last night with Paisley. We got so...close. With whatever is going on, I have to try and focus on quidditch though. I got ready, grabbed my broom and my wand, and left the common room for the first practice.

On my way, Daphne came up to me, which I thought was strange. "How was your night....in the library?" She asked. Paisley probably told Daphne about our kiss, and I didn't know how to respond.

"That was nothing," I said. I really didn't mean that, but what was I supposed to say?

Daphne frowned. "Oh okay. Well have a good practice." As she walked away, I knew she would tell Paisley, but I tried not to think about it as much.

I continued walking and once I got to the Quidditch Training Pitch, I realized I was one of the first ones there other than Adrian. He was definitely the last person I wanted to run into right now. So I kept my head down only to catch a glimpse of him and the rage in his eyes.

And just to make matters worse, Paisley was the next to arrive, and when she walked in she completely avoided me. Adrian was staring at her the whole time, and I think she knew that but she was trying to ignore it. He bites his lip while looking up and down at her. Before I knew why I was doing I started to walk towards him. Paisley saw and came in the middle of the two of us while I was still walking with heavy steps to Adrian. He looked like he was enjoying this. Paisley turned to me and stopped me from walking by placing her hands on my shoulders forcing me backwards. Why was I so protective over her?

"Let it go Malfoy. God, you have no self control," She said. Once she stopped pushing me back, she rolled her eyes and walked away as everyone else came to start practice. I could tell she was mad.

"Alright everyone, I will put you all through some different drills based off of your positions. We will have our first game this Friday if you don't know already," Adrian explained as he brought out the Buldgers, the Quaffle, and the Golden Snitch. He gave us all something to practice on and that's what we did for the next two hours. By the end of it, I felt like the anger that piled up was gone. That's what I like about quidditch, it makes me focus on getting the snitch rather than other things.

When the practice was over, I went off to the Quidditch Changing Rooms and stored my broom in a compartment labeled with my last name. The compartment had a uniform for games and a uniform for practices, and every team member had one. Once all my things were settled in, I started to walk out but I ran into Paisley. She started to fall backwards but then caught herself just in time. "You're so clumsy," I said nearly laughing, looking at her face which was a little pink, like she was blushing.

"Well I'm not that clumsy if I made the team right?" She said. I could tell she was trying to be mad at me, but it wasn't really working.

"Right," I said as we both started to laugh and it's like everything that happened today never happened. I don't know why, but it made me really happy when she was happy. When I see that beautiful smile on her face, it makes me want to smile too.

"Okay, can I get to my compartment now," She said while chuckling. She poked me with the end of her broomstick.

"Oh, yeah sure," I said as I moved aside. I saw her smile at the ground as he walked past me. I thought for a moment, now is my chance. Now is my chance to tell her that I'm sorry and that I care about her.

"Hey Paisley?" I asked as I turned around to face her.

She turned to face me. "Yeah?"

"I just wanted to say...umm...you did good in practice today," I said.