Victorious

Draco

Draco Malfoy,
I have heard news that you are on Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad. I am proud that you have taken that opportunity. After all, we are on the Ministry's side, not Dumbledore's. Keep up the fine work.
Best regards, Lucius Malfoy

This was probably the third time I read this letter. My father said he was proud of me, and he never said that. Lately I've rethought about being part of the Inquisitorial Squad and considered leaving it. Reading this letter made me want to stay.

I decided not to write him back because I don't know what I would say. I folded up the letter and put it in the pocket of my Quidditch uniform and resumed eating dinner. Today was the third game of the season against Hufflepuff. After fighting with Paisley about it, she had decided not to play. I had to convince her that her head wasn't well enough yet for her to be playing. She still had her Quidditch uniform on though. Paisley said she would put the uniform on but just watch, and I was going to make sure she did that.

As I went outside it started to snow. I really like snow because I think it's calming. It had gotten much colder in the past few weeks and winter was nearly here. I was on my way to the Quidditch field and walking with Paisley. Her and I have been getting pretty close recently and I can't help but wonder if there is something there. The more time I spend with Paisley, the more feelings I get. Each time they get a little stronger.

When Paisley and I were almost to the Quidditch Changing Rooms, she went and talked with Daphne for a bit. I continued to walk to the Changing Rooms. When I got there Adrian had a very serious look on his face.

Everyone turned to look at him as he began to give us his pre-game pep talk, although they were never very peppy. "Alright, we don't have Paisley today, but that doesn't stop us from defeating those filthy Hufflepuff's!" Adrian stopped talking.

Everyone turned to see Paisley come in the Changing Rooms. "Chill out, I'm just going to watch," She said as she came and stood by me.

Adrian continued his talk. "So let's get out there and win! There will be consequences if you don't play to your full potential." He started to walk to the entrance to the field as we all followed. The stadium erupted with cheers and boos once again as we walked out. Paisley stayed by the Changing Rooms and sat down to watch.

As soon as the game started, I was looking for the Golden Snitch. I was confident that this was going to be an easy win because the Hufflepuff's had a new seeker this year in replace of Cedric Diggory. Just as I thought this was going to go well, we were only half an hour into the game and already behind. The Hufflepuff's had 50 points and we only had 10. I really needed to find that snitch.

"And Hufflepuff scores again!! They are now at 60 points!" I heard Lee Jordan yell out. Our team was getting behind. Just as we scored again, so did Hufflepuff. The score was 20 to 70 now, and I knew that if I caught the snitch now, we still wouldn't have enough points to win. I needed to figure out a way to stall the Hufflepuff seeker so that he wouldn't get the snitch before I did.

I bolted for the ground and the other seeker did exactly what I had expected. He started following me, thinking that I saw the snitch. "Wow, looks like Malfoy tricked the Hufflepuff seeker!! That smart!!" Lee Jordan said as I looked at Paisley to see if she saw that. Sure enough, she did and was smiling and clapping for me. Suddenly I see a flash of gold sprint across my eye view.

I'm debating wether or not to go for it, but then Lee Jordan yells out, "looks like Adrian scored another 10 points for Slytherin!!" Just then, I decide to bolt up to follow the snitch. If I got it, we would win. The Hufflepuff seeker is right on my tail as I go further up towards the sky. I can see everyone stand up from their seats to get a better view of all the action.