Far Far Away

Draco

I'm sitting next to my mother, my father next to her, and Snape on the other side of me as Lord Voldemort walks behind me, grazing the tip of his wand across my shoulders. I try to not wince and jump away as he has his wand rested on me. Nagini slithers behind him. And finally he passes me and walks around to the end of the table. Could he see all the secrets I've been keeping?

"As you all know, there will be three meetings. The first, being about our dear Paisley Garcia who escaped the cellar." He glared around at everyone who was there when she got out. I gulped and tried to keep holding it together. "The second, Hogwarts. And the third, plan of attack."

I was thinking about her. Pregnant, alone, probably suffering in class. I almost couldn't bear it; missing her this much. I've been away from her for summers, but this time I was leaving her and the baby. I feel terrible for it, and if I could change it I would. I can't wait for these meetings to be over, I can't wait till the day comes where the war ends.

"Now, shall we begin?" We all nodded, forcing ourselves so that we'd show Voldemort that we agreed with him. "I want her killed as soon as she is found." Oh god, oh god. "I want her killed like the Potter boy, but I don't have to carry out this task. I only wish to see her dead, so that her skills will never be used against me or my followers again. And there was no convincing last time, only fighting and escaping."

"I think that whoever allowed her to escape in the first place should be the one dead." My father claimed. I felt like I could no longer breathe.

"Yes!" Bellatrix shouted. "And maybe we can curse her into working for us and turning her against everyone else! That would be a far worse punishment than-"

"Are you doubting my mind?" Voldemort asked.

"No, no my lord." She said. "I was only proposing another solution for the girl." She wasn't just a girl, and that angered me more.

"No." Voldemort said, slamming his hand on the table. "I want her dead! Understand?!!"

I could tell everyone around me was nodding their heads. My mother, Snape, death eaters on all sides of me, nodding their heads. I couldn't nod my head. I just couldn't do it, so I sat with my head down. I could feel the Dark Lord's cold eyes staring at me. And yet I couldn't nod. I couldn't look up.

"Draco!!" I slowly lifted my head up to him. Voldemort looked very angry, but not as angry as I was right now, I just hid it like I learned to do.

He looked around at everyone at the table, standing there with his wand close to his side. I think he wanted me to agree with him like the others did, but still I didn't nod. "Do you know what I am thinking?" The Dark Lord asked. I didn't dare move. "I am thinking...we might as well assign someone to carry out this task of murdering the Garcia girl." Nearly everyone at this large table was staring at me. "And just maybe the Malfoy boy shall do it."

My heart dropped and I couldn't breathe anymore now. All eyes were on me, and their mouths curled up into devilish smirks that only meant they were glad. My mother grabbed my hand from underneath the table, as she tried to to plenty of times in the last meetings. Only I didn't pull my hand away this time around.

"That's a wonderful idea, my lord!" Bellatrix said rather enthusiastically.

"That is a very logical proposition." Another death eater commented. "He failed at his last task. Give him another one."

"Yeah, give him another task!" She yelled. And then she started banging her hands on the table. And along with Bellatrix, others joined in chanting, "give him another task." Before I knew it, almost everyone was yelling and pounding their hands on the table like wild animals.