Agree to Disagree

⚠️TW: sexual content⚠️

Draco

Paisley was almost six weeks along, and it seemed to be going abnormally fast. We've gone to three check-ups with Madam Pomfrey and the baby is good. I convinced Paisley to ask for more medicine for nausea, so that's gotten a lot better recently.

But as she moved further along in the pregnancy, we were both slightly getting more worried. The bump was still very small, but noticeable if you looked close enough. Soon enough people might start to question things, and we can't have that happening. Snape said we wouldn't be here all the way until the end of the school year, so I'm hoping he's right.

When we were at dinner, and meals in general, we were really anxious. Everyone was on edge, and the Carrow's were always lurking around trying to catch students for whatever reasons. If we even said anything that would point towards our pregnancy then it was all over. We knew we could trust our friends, but still we were worried.

We ate dinner fast as we always tried to do, and walked quickly back to the common room where we'd be safe to talk and socialize without someone leaning over your shoulder trying to hear what you're saying.

When we got into the common room, we took our usual seats around the fireplace and waited until every last Slytherin student was out of sight before we actually started talking.

"Girl." Pansy said.

We were confused. "Boy!" Daphne said loudly.

"Hmm...boy." Blaise said.

"I agree, boy." Miles said.

"What the hell?" I said as all four of them looked at Paisley and I.

"We're guessing the gender, if you didn't catch that." Pansy explained. "And I'm still saying girl. I don't care what you say!" She said to the other three.

"Whatever you want to say, but it's a boy." Blaise argued.

Paisley was sitting next to me with my arm over her shoulder. She said, "This is ridiculous," as all of them were now arguing back and forth about whether it was a boy or girl. My thoughts were the same as hers, they were all ridiculous.

"Wait wait wait!" Daphne said loudly, and everyone stopped arguing. "Why don't we get the parents opinion? It seems silly not too!" They all looked at us and nodded their heads, waiting for our response.

When we didn't say anything, Blaise spoke up. "Okay, I'll count to three and you both have to say what you think. Ready?" Paisley and I glanced at each other. "One...two...three."

"Girl." We both said. And I couldn't help but smile. We'd been thinking the same thing.

"Awww! That was cute, and they agree with me. It's going to be a girl." Pansy stated cockily.

"Actually the votes are three for a girl and three for a boy so it's tied." Daphne said. "And my vote stands strong."

"The parents opinion matters more that ours!" Pansy said.

"But it's still even!" Blaise said. And then they were arguing yet again. It started getting pretty loud.

"Guys stop it!" Paisley said. When they listened she added, "it doesn't matter the gender as long as...as long as it makes it through the war. As long as it's healthy."

The room went quiet. To them, it was like a reminder that she might not make it through the war. All of us have that chance of not making it, but as it seemed to linger in their minds, that thought was darkening.

"Well of course, that's what's most important." Daphne said, breaking the silence between all of us.

"Yes." Everyone agreed.