Perfection in Us

⚠️TW: sexual content⚠️

Paisley

Time here at Hogwarts was interesting; the days went slow but the weeks and months flew by. Especially since almost everyone stayed here for winter break, and even if some left to see their families, they didn't come back. Probably because their parents thought it would be safer away from Hogwarts. And if I were absolutely anyone else, I wouldn't be at this school either.

But tonight is Christmas Eve, and I can't think negatively. I have so much to be thankful for even though I've lost so much. I have Draco, I have the Weasley's, I have my friends, I have Harry and Hermione and Luna and Neville, and do I dare say I could even be thankful for Snape.

Snape even let me out early from my Apparation lesson because it was Christmas Eve. He told me to have a good Christmas and that I won't need many more lessons after today because I've progressed so much over the past few months.

I walked out of his office and started walking down the corridor with an upbeat mood. Draco was at the dorm 'planning something' while I went to the lesson, so he didn't come. But it was better that way because Neville asked me to meet him in the east corridor on the second floor. He also said it was important and not to tell anyone. Yet another secret that I can't share.

When I reached the corridor, Neville was there in the dark waiting for me. He held a finger up to his mouth, signaling for me to be quiet, so I kept silent and followed him. We took a few turns before he stopped us at a tall wall. And if I'm right, this looked like the entrance to the Room of Requirement. I remember from my first year here. And sure enough, the wall transformed into two beautiful wooden doors.

Neville grabbed my hand and pushed the doors open. When they shut and the doors were now just a plain wall, at first all I saw was darkness. But then I heard voices and saw many lights coming from wands.

The lights to the room suddenly came on and I was shocked. It was a very large room with blankets and canopies and pillows and hammocks everywhere. There were so many people that appeared to be staying here, and maybe even living here, instead of their house dorms. There were probably about a hundred students. I saw Ginny, Luna, Dean, Seamus, lots from Dumbledore's Army, young students I've helped, and so may more people that I realized I haven't seen in a while. They've all be hiding out here.

They all gathered around Neville and I. "The Room of Requirement provided almost everything for us. We've stayed here because it's safer than out there and some of us have no where else to stay. We agreed to show you. If you wanted to stay here, we have enough food and blankets, but we thought you should know about this." Neville explained. Everyone nodded and smiled.

I hadn't even realized how severe some people's situations are here. It's sad how they have to live now just to survive. "I - I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry you have to do this. I won't stay here for now, I have a good place in my house, but I'm glad you all let me know. Maybe I could come and visit you all often then."

"Yes, you can come here whenever you like." Luna said. Everyone agreed.

"And I promise I won't tell anyone. You can trust me." I said, feeling very sorry for them.

After talking with Ginny, Luna, and Neville for only a little bit, Neville walked me out. I gave him a hug and told him to tell everyone they'd see me soon.

As I walked to the common room, I felt so guilty. How is it fair that I get to stay in a comfy bed in a big, warm room with my boyfriend when everyone else is down there sleeping on thin blankets on the ground in the cold? I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I'll definitely be visiting them a lot from now on.