My Message

Paisley

Snape wasn't surprised when I came back to his office a few days later and asked to see the memories again. They made me feel closer to my parents in a way I couldn't before, and therefore, I would watch them over and over if I could.

After that, I decided to talk with Neville, Ginny, and Luna about everything. I finally felt ready to. When I told them and tried to explain to words why I did what I did, they told me I didn't need to explain; they said that they understand and are by my side whenever I need help from now on. And I know I haven't been talking to them much recently, so I'm going to try now.

But today is an exciting day, but I don't really know why it's so exciting for me. Today's the day I've decided to start going to class again. If anything, going to class should be anything but exciting, but that's how how I feel.

I woke up after getting a good nights sleep and got out of bed. I'm ready to get back into things, I know I am.

"Draco, it's time to get up." I said calmly as I gave him a kiss on his forehead. "We're going to class today." I moved a few hairs out of his eyes.

He's been so kind and caring to me for these past few weeks and I only want to return the favor. I don't really know how, but I'll figure it out.

"You could..." he yawned, "...ask for more days off." He's always hated waking up early.

"No, I said I would be in class today." I said. And then I had an idea. "I'm going to get ready, Draco." I said.

He didn't respond, he was already back asleep. So I set his clothes next to him on his bed and took my clothes to to the lavatory. Maybe I can get ready without him having to stay outside of the room as a 'precaution'. I could get ready fast and then he would never know the difference.

I quickly undressed and jumped in the shower. I showered as fast as I could and then got out quickly. I got dressed and dried my hair with a spell like I usually did when I got ready for class.

I was putting on a little makeup when I heard shuffling around and then the door slammed open, making me jump a little. Draco was standing there with a frantic, worried expression on his face.

We stared at each other for a second, and then he ran over and hugged me. I put down the makeup brush I was using and hugged him back. "I - I thought you-" he started to say.

"I know. I know." I said. "I'm sorry."

I realized that I shouldn't have done that. I also didn't know truly how much this whole thing effected him until now; when he thought he'd lost me this time. I felt bad.

I reassured him as I hugged him. I was going to try and explain why I did that, but I stopped myself because it might only make things worse.

"Can you just...tell me before you do that next time." He said, his voice shaking slightly.

"Yes, yes of course." I said. "I'm sorry."

When he backed away, he quickly wiped back a tear and said, "let's just focus on getting ready, okay?" He kissed me and then walked past me. I just stood there. "I have to use the lavatory, darling. Once I get dressed you can finish getting ready."

I stayed still there for a moment until I registered what he said. "Yeah, okay." I said as I walked out and closed the door.

I wiped away a tear of my own before I sat down on the side of the bed and waited. I felt so bad. Why the hell would I do that to him? I scared him so badly, and in the worst way.

And now I was in my head and definitely not excited about today anymore. What just happened was all I could think about and how much it hurt him to think that I would repeat what I already tried to do.