Hopefully

Draco

It was morning now, and everything from last night came back to my mind. It all seemed like a bad dream.

And then panic overcame me. I turned over frantically and reached for Paisley. She was still asleep. I held onto her to make sure she was breathing, and she was. Then I just stayed there, holding her about as tight as possible. She was still here; still alive.

It rarely happened that I woke up before her, but I was scared, and she would still be under the calming draught. When we went to Snape's office (the second time that night for me) she decided it was okay to tell him what happened and the two of us explained everything.

His reaction was not what I would've expected from him. First he actually looked shocked, then worried for her, then sad for the both of us and what we went through all in one night. Snape never was one to show emotions. It was weird.

When Snape handed Paisley the draught of peace, I almost thought he was going to hug her. He told us to take as much time off as we wanted and to not leaver her alone. He also told us that Astoria would be punished, which I think we were all glad about.

Paisley and I walked back after she took the potion. We made our way back to her old dorm where everyone was still waiting for us, as I said we would come back. After we talked with them and told them all of what Snape said, they said they were going to stop here in the morning before class to check on us, and then we left. We got back to our dorm and almost went straight to bed; Paisley didn't want to talk about anything, so I listened.

I think I only got about two hours of sleep last night after all that.

I just can't believe the events that lead up to that moment when she made her decision to end it all. I just feel like it's all my fault. If I had listened to her about Astoria or not eaten that damn cookie, everything would be fine. Why would I even eat that?

What would've happened if we got there only a second later? She would be gone right now; she wouldn't be laying next to me. Everything would've changed. Sometimes I don't know if she knows how much I care about her. It's unreal. I just wished she realized how many people would miss her if she was gone.

As my mind kept spiraling, my eyes start to tear up too. Shit. I quickly wiped my eyes and tried to remember that things are okay as long as she's here, and she is. It's fine, except that it's not.

I heard a very faint knock on the door, and figured it was the four of them stopping here to check on us. I don't deserve friends like that.

I carefully got out of bed and walked over to open the door and see all of them, just as I thought. "She's still asleep." I whispered.

"Is she...is she breathing?" Pansy asked. The funny thing was, I had already checked.

"Yes, she is." I said quietly.

"Okay, can we see her?" Daphne asked.

"Sure." I said, moving out of the way for her and Pansy to go in.

I watched as they went to the bed and knelt down to be at her level. As she still slept, Pansy put her hand on Paisley's shoulder. "You okay, mate?" Blaise asked, making me turn back to them.

"You shouldn't be asking me. It didn't happen to me, it happened to her. Ask her, not me." I snapped. I realized later how rude I might've sounded.

"She's asleep, we couldn't ask her anyway." Miles said.

"Are you okay?" Blaise asked again.

"Define 'okay'" I said, and then Pansy and Daphne were back over here. I was glad I didn't answer the question.