Myrtle's Advice

Paisley

"It's not too late to join the team, you know." Vaisey, the captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team this year, has been trying to get me to be on the team for a while now.

"I already told you, I barely played last year and I ended up getting hurt pretty bad. Plus, I don't think people want to see more of me." I said annoyingly. That wasn't the whole part though, it was that Draco quit so he could have more time to do his 'thing'. I liked being on the team with him. The Quidditch field was where our first kiss took place.

"Yes, but in that short amount of time, you showed so much potential! You would be an amazing addition to this year's team!" Vaisey really tried to be convincing.

"Tryouts happened a while ago and I don't have the time to catch up on practices. No, my answer is no." I walked past him.

"I heard you loved it last year! And shouldn't you get back out there?!" He said, but what was that supposed to mean? I kept walking until I couldn't hear his voice anymore. The last thing I was thinking about was Quidditch.

The next thing I knew, I was inside the girls lavatory on the second floor. 'Get back out there?' It was none of his business to tell me what to do. Maybe he meant that I haven't been as involved in school activities, and that's true, but for a good reason.

I wanted to focus on Draco. He's all I think about. I try so hard to figure him out, but every time it doesn't work. I've barely even seen him since he found out about my self-harm. He's either late to class or he completely misses it. The times I do see him, he looks worse and worse as the days go on; like he isn't sleeping even a little bit...like his energy has completely drained. The last time I spoke to him was when we were yelling at each other about how we're both keeping secrets. He's keeping secrets.

I wish I knew what he was thinking, or what he's doing at night, or why he has such terrible nightmares, or why he won't tell me what's going on. There are so many things I don't know right now.

I sat down on the bathroom floor and threw my bag beside me as I started to cry. Hopefully no one could hear me. I cried and cried and cried while thinking about all the terrible things going on until my head started to hurt. I think I missed dinner.

I heard a swoosh and then a high-pitched squeal. I realized that this is Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. "Oh, it's you." She said in an annoyed way as he floated above me.

I attempted to wipe my tears. "Why does it matter if it's me, Myrtle?" I asked.

"Because you stole my company!" She got angry really fast, and I had no clue what she was talking about. She got angrier. "Your the reason Draco stopped coming to talk to me."

I froze, and then looked up at her. "What? He talked to you?!"

"Oh don't act all surprised." She sighed over-dramatically. "Yes, he came to talk. He was quite lonesome until a bit of the way through last year. He used to tell me all sorts of things about his father and his childhood...and then he started talking about you, and he talked about you a lot. He seemed happy, and then he just stopped coming." She turned around so her back was facing me. "I guess it's better for him, but now I have no one to keep me company."

Myrtle looked like she was about to leave. "Wait, h-has he come recently?" I sounded desperate.

She stopped and turned back around. "No! Why would he come back when he has you now?" Moaning Myrtle tended to be rude and sensitive sometimes.

I stood up. "Because I feel so distant from him lately. I know he's hiding things from me but he won't tell me. We had this fight a week ago because he found out something and now I've barely seen him, and when I do he looks so exhausted." Myrtle seemed to gain interest in what I was saying. "I'm just...worried about him and I want to help but I don't know how." I seemed a little weird talking to a ghost about all this.