Malfoy Manor

Paisley

I was still a bit nauseous as I walked up the entrance to the manor, which was huge by the way, hand in hand with Draco. I couldn't help but notice he seemed a bit nervous. The house elf who I knew to be named Warby, knocked on the door twice. I thought the house elf was quite cute, and he was very polite. Unlike Kreacher at the Order headquarters.

The large, tall double doors opened and Mrs. Malfoy was waiting patiently for us. "Please, come on in." She said nicely.

We walked in and I took it all in. The walls were at least 30 feet high and there were marble floors that would definitely make a sound if you were walking. "Thank you so much for inviting me Mrs. Malfoy." I said politely.

"Oh it's no problem at all. And please, call me Narcissa." She said. Draco's mom seemed very respectful and nice. Not the type of person who would be a death eater.

I smiled and nodded. "Draco, why don't you give Paisley a tour of the manor? I have to go get a few things done, but it was very nice meeting you Paisley. We can talk later at dinner." She smiled and then left the room, leaving Draco and I.

"Your mum seems really nice." I said. He smiled slightly and did what his mother suggested by leading me through almost every room in the house. This place is so enormous; it's like I freaking maze! I found myself thinking about how cool it would be to live here.

We went upstairs, took a left, then a right, and he lead me into a bedroom. "And this is my room." I set my trunk down and scanned over his room. It was very dark and neat. Everything was so organized, and it was huge too, what a surprise! There was one big window where you could see the large backyard outside with a mazed garden and a path to walk through. Below the window was a built in seating cushion.

There was a lot of black and green around his room and throughout the entire house in general. I looked to my left and saw a rows of shelves filled with every type of book you would need. "This place is amazing! I would never get sick of this." I said as I went and sat down on his bed with silky covers. He came and sat by me.

"This is the only room where I feel safe." He said, seeming off.

"Okay, what's wrong? I know something's bothering you." I said.

"Lots of terrible things have happened here. Things you wouldn't even imagine. Every time I'm in this house it feels wrong, and I'm worried that something will happen." He said.

"Well I'm here, so try to focus on how it's just us. There is nothing that will bother us, no worries, no Adrian. It's just...us." I said. He sighed. "What do you do for fun around here?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well...I read, but we can do that any time. I go on walks in the garden sometimes to...clear my head." He said.

"Well why don't we go for a walk then?" He let out a groan and then slumped back on his bed. "Come on Draco." I said trying to pull him up. He wouldn't budge. "Let's try to make she best of the time we have. Now....come on."

He finally gave in and stood up. "Fine, I'll lead you to the garden then." He kissed me and grabbed my hand. "You're so needy sometimes." He said jokingly before leading me back downstairs and through the house.

We walked outside and I took a breath of fresh air as he continued to lead me to the garden. He pushed open the gates to reveal the path I could see from his bedroom window. I felt the happiest right now than I had been in months because I was with him and him only. Like I said earlier, there were no distractions.

The garden was so beautiful as we walked along the winding path. "I'm sorry if I'm not very...joyful. I used to be happy here, but with everything my parents are involved in, it's hard." He said. I was glad he was talking because he never wanted to talk about his home life or his parents, and I've noticed that. I just let him keep talking.