After it Happened

Draco

After what happened with Paisley and Adrian, I never let her out of my sight. I always stayed within a ten feet of her because I never wanted anyone else to lay a hand in her. The second I saw her on top of Adrian like that with tears in her eyes, I was punching him over and over. She got me to stop, but only because she told me to. I didn't care that there was blood on hands; some of his and some of mine. I just held her close to me as we both cried, and yeah, I cried while everyone was in the common room watching. I whispered, "I'm so sorry," in her ear over and over, but that was yesterday.

Adrian was in the hospital wing and now almost the whole Slytherin house knew what happened. Paisley wanted to keep it that way and didn't want anybody else knowing. She didn't say much or want to talk about it with anyone. I couldn't help but blame myself for what happened. If I hadn't gotten her mad back at the train station, we would have been together and this wouldn't have happened. I should have been there.

"Paisley, it's my fault." I said when we were at breakfast the next morning.

"No it's not." She said quietly. Neither of us grabbed food.

"Yes it is. If I hadn't told Umbridge what you did, you wouldn't have been mad at me and then I would have been with you. I could've done something but I didn't." I said.

She sighed. "Draco you....you got me off him." I looked away from her and at Miles and Daphne across from us. Shortly after, Pansy and Blaise came over.

"Yeah, but he still...he still got to you." I said, and we both stopped talking.

"So you both just aren't going to eat?" Miles asked. We didn't answer him.

All the sudden Pansy said, "I didn't know he would actually do something to you."

Paisley looked at her. "What?" She asked.

"I was just mad at you for what happened at the train station and I told Adrian. He said he would get back at you for jinxing me but I didn't know he would actually do something to you." Pansy said quickly. At this moment, Paisley and I realized what really happened and why Adrian did it.

"It was because of you?" Paisley asked loudly. She held her head in her hands as everyone at the table stared. For a minute she stayed like that, but then she stood up and walked out of the Great Hall fast.

I looked at everyone else before getting up and following her without her knowing. As I walked out I heard Ron say, "wonder why Malfoy's following her."

Harry responded with, "he's a git, and it's just Slytherin stuff I bet." I stopped, thought about going over to them and saying some rude remark, but I didn't and kept walking.

When I got out of the Great Hall, I saw her leaning against the wall on my left looking down, so I went over to her. I put my hand on her shoulder and she flinched. "It's okay, it's just me." I said, and she looked relieved.

I went next to her. "Draco, yesterday on the train, Pansy told me you didn't actually care about me." She said.

"You didn't believe her, did you?"I asked.

"Well, yeah I did. But now I don't think that." She said.

"Of course I care!" I said, looking down at her. "I've cared about you for the longest time Paisley, and yeah, I never admitted it. Last night I failed to protect you."

She grabbed both my arms gently. "You didn't let Adrian get to me. You didn't even know I was down there until I yelled for you. It could've been worse, but it wasn't. It was a wrong place wrong time kind of thing."