Fights

Draco

Paisley stormed into my room as I was coming nearer to a breakdown. She looked like she would have one two.

I prepared myself for being yelled at by her, but she closed the door and immediately started walking back and forth in front of me. "Paisley, just listen." I said as calmly as I could even though my voice shook.

"N-no, you listen. I - I can't keep something like that...I can't...you cursed Katie, Draco. And I didn't d-do anything. I - I don't know what you're doing right n-now but you can't just...hurt s-someone like t-that. And I was in McGonagall's c-classroom and s-she was asking me q-questions and I couldn't say anything and S-Snape was staring at me and I - I couldn't say anything. I was panicking and I d-didn't know w-were you were so I thought something happened o-or someone f-found out because H-Harry said he thought you d-did it and n-now I can't c-calm down." She said frantically.

I got up as soon as I realized what was going on. "You need to sit down, Paisley." I said. Her chest rose and fell rapidly as she was shaking, barely being able to breathe.

She shook her head side to side. "T-tell me why you did it." She said.

"You're going to faint if you don't sit down, and you know I cant tell you." I was coming closer and closer to crying.

"No." She said, continuing to shake. I picked her up before she could say no again and set her down in my bed. "Y-you can't just pick m-me up w-whenever you want!"

"Just focus on breathing. Trust me, you'll thank me later!" I said.

She finally stopped refusing and flopped back onto the bed. I sat there with my head in my hands for a few minutes listening to her starting to control her breathing until I couldn't hold it in any longer. The tears started coming and soon enough, I was silently crying into the palms of my hands. Paisley soon noticed, and she sat up. "Why are you-" I cut her off.

"If your wondering why I'm sad, just take a second to think about it. Take a guess! No one was supposed to get hurt! This wasn't supposed to happen! And what I did...it's not part of my task. I came up with an alternative for what I'm actually supposed to do. Katie Bell wasn't supposed to come to any harm." I explained, although she still was confused.

She tried to read the look on my face as I continued. "When you saw what happened, it messed everything up! You weren't supposed to see! Now because you did, you were panicking. I knew that would happen if you saw something. I - I really messed up. I didn't have to do this, but I thought it would take away what I have to do."

"None of this makes any sense to me. You know that." She said. "I know you feel bad but I just don't understand why you did it! Why did you do it?"

"I already told you! I did it because I thought it would take away something else, but I can't tell you what that is." I said, trying to stop crying. I'm so pathetic.

"Why can't you tell me?!" She asked.

"Because of what just happened!" I yelled.

"What? Because of the panic attacks? I get those, Draco." She was really trying to persuade me to tell her. This is going to be difficult.

"You act like it's nothing." I said more quietly.

"Well of course it's not nothing, it's just, it's me that causes them, not you. If you told me what was going on, maybe I would feel better?" She's making this so hard right now.

"You would most definitely feel worse. You'd put all the pressure of it onto yourself. You'd carry this on as much as I do just because you feel bad." I said.